Abdul-Majeed Jibril TSC Application - 2018-07-16

Name
Abdul-Majeed Jibril (@Fabla)

Organization
Fabla Consultancy

What contributions (e.g., issue triage, tech support, documentation, bug fixes) have you made to the ODK community?
I have been supporting users of ODK to design their forms and solve problems relating to the use of Collect of the designing of their questionnaires, I also support in testing new features in Collect and Aggregate and give suggestions to improve its functionalities.

How do you believe your contributions have benefited ODK?
I have solved several issues posted on the community page for users, my contributions are always noted each time I help a user to solve a problem.

What do you believe the top priorities for ODK are?
Sharing of ideas and supporting users to get a good outcome through the use of ODK.

How will you help the ODK community accomplish those priorities?
By constantly supporting users and contributing to development of the app.

How many hours a week can you commit to participating on the TSC?
8 hours

What other mobile data collection projects, social good projects, or open source projects are you involved with?
SurveyCTO and Ona

Please share any links to public resources (e.g., resume, blog, Github) that help support your application.

1 Like

Hi @Fabla! Thanks for your support of users on the forum, your testing of betas, and your application to the TSC!

Given your experience with both support and testing, how do you think the TSC, with your help, could encourage more people to help with support and testing?

1 Like

Hi @Fabla! I echo all Yaw said about your contributions. Thank you!

8 hours per week is quite a commitment! Can you say a bit more about how you're able to commit that much time given that the TSC is a volunteer role?

Also, can you say a bit more about why you're interested in joining the TSC?

Hi @yanokwa, thank you very much for your question, in my response to your question, I think one of the objectives of these platform it to make ODK user friendly for everyone who want to use any of its tools, users always look for solutions to their problem(s) through the internet and most of their problems are solve through the support of these community and other forums through supports of its users, before I get to know of this platform I was face with a problem on how to setup my own server and through the support of this community I was able to do that with ODK Aggregate, henceforth, I always give back to society what i learn from society. so I believe that if users keep on getting their problems solve through this platform they will give back what their learn to others and even introduce others to join the community for us to have a diverse ideas on how to move the community forward in a right direction for the benefit of all.

Testing the ODK tools give me a wide experience and explore to new ideas and build my capacity in problem solving problems users pose in relation to ODK tools. The more I spend time to support people who have issues about ODK tools the more I learn new things and new ideas because I join this community I am able to share ideas and give out solutions to people who need it and they keep on coming back to the community when ever they need help and people who are new to ODK tools follow some of the topics that has been solve and pose question on topics they do not understand.

Hence I think if more ideas are share out through the TSC meetings to come out with better and easy solutions for users of ODK, more people will like to join the community to help with support and testing because they will see the platform as a home to belong to, to give back to society what is taken from society, and as many solutions we have for users the more the community spreed out through search engine.

Thank you.

Hi @tomsmyth, thank you for your questions

in response to the above question, I spend almost 1 to 2 hours on the internet during working days and 2 to 3 hours on weekends, and this platform is one of my major website I always visit to read about new post and try to find new ideas that is share on this platform, I like learning and sharing of ideas and hence my leisure time is always on the internet. I read topics on this platform like everyday newspapers unless I don't have internet access, some spend their leisure time on watching sports, others on movies and so on but for me my leisure time is to use to see who to support people at the best of my knowledge whiles learning new thinks.

The key reason why I will like to join the TSC is that, ODK tools is widely used in field data collection and the best tool that gives a quality data will produce quality results for decision maker, so I will like to be part of the team to be able to share my views on how best to make ODK tools user and easy to produce quality data.

Thank you