App engine application problem

When i log in to the aggregator and click to export data in CSV file, it fails and bring an error of appengine application problem, yet previously i used to export the data succesfully but right now it is not allowing me to do exports.
what could be the problem and how can i have it fixed?

Your post does not contain enough information for us to answer your question. In general, the best way to get help is to fill out the questions in the pre-filled template that you get when you create a support post. So, with that in mind, can you answer these questions?

1. What ODK version are you using?
  2. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
  3. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots of the error or logs, please attach.

for the last four days whenever i log into my ODK aggregator to export data as a CSV file, in three minutes the page shows AppEngine application problem.
Previously when data collection had just started i used to do exports but now i cannot export anything because of the appengine problem which comes in three minutes time before the export is finished.

I tried using Briefcase v1.112 but it was not exporting all the data, later i upgraded to v1.11.3 but it is still not exporting all the data.
Data collection started on 25 July but when i export using Briefcase minus selecting dates it starts from 26 July to 4th August yet even yesterday 16th August data was submitted.

When i used to export directly through aggregator i could get all the data but now i have the appengine application problem.

How can i have this fixed to export all the data? or do away with the 3 minutes time outs for the appengine application problem?

this picture shows briefcase exports less forms than i submitted.

Hi, @ian! I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with Aggregate and Briefcase.

I'd like to propose you do some things that will help us understand the problem:

• Could you tell which version of Aggregate you're running? You can get that information in the Site Admin tab > Preferences sub tab
  • In the error screen you have attached there's a link and instructions to verify that there isn't any problem regarding quotas and billing accounts. Could you check that, please?
  • Could you check if there are incomplete submissions in the Form Management tab > Submission Admin sub tab? The missing submissions could be incomplete submissions that Briefcase won't export.

Currently am blocked by the app engine problem i cannot access the site admin page and other information on the aggregate, however my download shows am having ODK Aggregate V1.5.0.

When i check the link on the error screen the google cloud platform status shows Cloud SQL v1 instances are unavailable

I cannot check for the incomplete submissions because of the Appengine application problem.

Thanks for the info, @ian.

I don't see how the error you've seen on the dashboard would make your Aggregate instance fail. Could you give ggalmazor@gmail.com permissions to access your Google Cloud project? I would need to check the logs to get more info.

Could you also send to the same email some credentials to access your Aggregate server?

i have finished giving you permission

Hi, @ian!

I've been able to check your logs and you're getting the following error:

2018-08-17 14:44:24.771 CEST
/Aggregate.html com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$OverQuotaException: The API call datastore_v3.RunQuery() required more quota than is available.

Quotas are reset every day, so you could wait until tomorrow to resume exporting your forms. You can also link a billing account to avoid having this problem in the future.

1 Like

When it resets it gives me like 3minutes and locks again..

What leads to the quota limit and if am to pay what are the charges?

can you help me with the billing costs estimates please?

Hi, @ian!

I don't have access to your Google Cloud project to see which Aggregate process is using up all your quota.

I wouldn't know how to help you estimate costs. because I haven't ever used Aggregate on the field.This is a topic often discussed here in the forums. Maybe you can find info there, or ask other users with more experience than me :slight_smile:

https://docs.opendatakit.org/aggregate-deployment-planning/#minimizing-app-engine-fees has a good write up on app engine fees. Most campaigns will be free or a few dollars a month.

The problem you are running into sounds like something is misconfigured. My recommendation is to enable billing, set a very low daily limit so you can see what, if anything, you can adjust.

1 Like