Audit trail feature uses

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

I have a form with the following audit trail features in the parameters column of an xlsform.
track-changes-reasons=on-form-edit track-changes=true identify-user=true

This tracked changes to each data point as a user moves through a form instance, and requests the user's identity, as well as any reasons for all the changes.

Is it possible to specify a reason for each data point change, rather than form changes overall. I can envisage circumstances where 12 changes to a form instance are made but only 1 reason is given and there could be many reasons.

Also, is there a way to add the old value and new value column names to the "- audit.csv" file at the moment the columns are blank and only appear in the instance csv file in the media folder.

see attached audit csv file.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

ODK Collect v1.25.1
ODK Briefcase v1.17.1

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
0c_FIEBRE_BG_tc5 - audit.csv (5.7 KB)

Hi @Lal_S

Is it possible to specify a reason for each data point change, rather than form changes overall.

No, it's not possible. If you need such an option please start a new topic in Features.

Also, is there a way to add the old value and new value column names to the "- audit.csv" file at the moment the columns are blank and only appear in the instance csv file in the media folder.

what do you mean by

only appear in the instance csv file in the media folder

is that file without those two column names created by ODK Collect or you edited something?

Hi thanks for the info,

No, it's not possible. If you need such an option please start a new topic in Features.

Ok thanks!

is that file without those two column names created by ODK Collect or you edited something?

In the CSV file I attached to my post (- audit.csv), the column names after the "end" column appear to be missing, I've not edited the file. But in a separate file (not attached) that appears in the in the media folder after an export from Briefcase, the column names correctly appear and are named, old value, new value, username.

Is there a way to add the column names to the "- audit.csv" file as per the media file CSV?

S

Yes I noticed it. So those names are missing if you copy the csv file from your device but everything is fine after using Briefcase right?

No this file "0c_FIEBRE_BG_tc5 - audit.csv " is a result of a CSV export from ODK Briefcase, it was not copied from a device.

S

Unfortunately this is a known bug with Briefcase -- see https://github.com/opendatakit/briefcase/issues/740. We don't yet have a plan to address it but I'll see what we can do.

The good news is that all of the audit data is there, it's just the header that isn't correct. For now I would recommend manually copying the header from one of the specific instance audit files.

1 Like

OK thanks for the input,