@Neil_Penman Thanks Neil, for the clarification. I will look at the code for TimerLogger.java.
@LN Let me explain:
- The way this whole thing works is that there is a GPS question with binding name "auto_gps". Since I am talking about binding name and every question has a unique binding name, there can only be one question with auto-gps capability.
- When the form is opened with auto-gps question, then the FormEntryActivity.java will immediately fire a GPS Task to look for GPS reading and fill this reading to the auto-gps question in the background.
- It is recommended that this question should be hidden, but it depends on the form designer. Typically, you would like to keep this question visible if you are testing auto-gps and will always hide this question when you are using this form in deployment.
My answers to your questions, in the same order:
- No, we haven not tested this is rural areas. Our funder is planning to deploy this in relatively remote areas, but until they do that, I have no idea how well this will work in rural areas.
- Again, I haven't tested this scenario. My guess is that it will be left blank. I will try to test this scenario sometime soon and report back.
- Since I am talking about using binding name which is unique, there can't be more than 1 question of this type. Even otherwise, suppose we decide to implement this in another way - like putting it as an attribute, then having multiple questions of auto-gps type makes no sense. There is only one GPS reading recorded and having multiple questions will not be of any use.
- "auto_gps", as I already mentioned, is binding name.
- I will share a form with auto-gps question soon.
Thanks for your questions and suggestions.