Build APK for a modified ODK Zebra Printer Driver

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I have a modified ODK zebra printer driver in android studio. When I run and deploy the app directly to my tablet, it installs and prints the barcode labels correctly. This is not the case when I build the apk through Build menu >> Build Bundle/APKS >> APKs or through Build menu >> Generate signed Bundle/ APK >> APK.
I try to install the apk generated and get the error 'Application not available'.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
ODK collect v1.18.2
ODK Sensors
What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Installing on different devices
What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
These steps worked fine last year. Trouble started when I formatted one tablet and trying to re-install the odk tools

Thank you,
Margaret

ODK collect is updated frequently and it now has a nice user friendly interface.
Unfortunately other powerful ODK tools eg. ODK zebra printer and ODK sensors have been neglected. Currently these 2 tools are no longer in google play store. I believe I and other people using these tools would be very grateful if they are updated as often as ODK collect and made available.
Thanks in advance

@Margaret_Wambui which printer are you using? Can it be set up as a regular printer in Android? We are planning to add printing directly from ODK Collect in the following release which will come out in December or January. This will make it possible to send any HTML including embedded QR codes to a connected printer.

I'm sorry the removal of the Zebra printer driver app from the Play Store has been disruptive to you. It has been hard to maintain and use secondary apps like that. We're hopeful that bringing printing directly into Collect will make it approachable to more users.