Calculating the number of months in birth spacing

Dear,
The household characteristics in a family gives the details of children under 5 years of age. I'm not using indexed-repeat. But I would like to calculate the difference in the age of the youngest child (line: 341) and the second youngest child (line: 342). Presently, it is given in integer format, but I want to calculate it automatically.

Please help. Endline_CG_Quantitative.xlsx (57.4 KB)

Hi @Francis_Simon,
In order to calculate the difference in age, you could calculate this by using the question type "calculate".
Then under the calculation column, use the formula ${wfp14}-${wfp13}

Endline_CG_Quantitative_jr.xlsx (10.1 KB)

In the example, I've also displayed a note that shows the enumerator what the age difference is.

Hope this helps? But if I didn't understand your question correctly, please let me know!
Best,
Janna

1 Like

Dear Janna,
Actually, my question was 'how to read the answer for the questions based on the details of children given in the household characteristics'.

Hi @Francis_Simon,
I'm still not sure I understand your question. Can you give me a little more detail about what you're asking specifically?
Thanks! I'm sure we can figure this out!
Janna

Dear Janna,
Suppose, I enter the details of children in the Household characteristics. For an example, let us keep the ages of the children who are less than 5 years are 40 months and 14 months.
Based on the details given in the household characteristics, I want the answers to be automated for the questions "How many months old is your youngest child' and 'How many months old is your second youngest child'.

I want to know how to write the steps for calculating the months of the children automatically for these question. Hope I am clear.

regards,
Simon

@Francis_Simon
to be clear...
for example you have 10 filled repeats (each group for one child) and based on those 10 groups you want to automatically receive two youngest children and display their age in months. Am I right?

@Grzesiek2010
Yes, exactly. I want to receive the result for the youngest child and the second youngest child in the family.

regards,
Simon