Combining autocomplete with minimal

Is it possible to combine autocomplete with minimal under appearance for say a select_one type?

Hi @coderscoven

yes it's possible. Such an option was added in this pull request https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/pull/2393
where you can find a sample form.

It's not working. When I add minimal, it removes the search functionality.

Could you attach a sample form?

Here is a sample. Am using a CSV file to hold the options since there many and using the search search () appearance.
When I add minimal search ('farm_groups'), it doesn't show the search text field.

farm_groups.csv (298.8 KB)
sample.xlsx (11.9 KB)

Ahh sorry, my mistake. Autocomplete doesn't work with minimal I thought you ask about quick and minimal don't know why.

Okay thanks for the info.

Can we still not merge minimal and autocomplete?

1 Like

Hey @Prasanna_Sundaram! Out of interest why do you feel you want to use minimal and autocomplete? It'd be interesting to hear about about the form you're trying to create.

@seadowg you're absolutely right that we should make sure to have an explicit description of the problem that users need to solve. @zoey (because you authored Showing search option with minimal in appearance) and @Avidace (since you chimed in at Showing search option with minimal in appearance - #5 by Avidace), it would be good to get your thoughts as well.

My hunch is that these folks would like to use multiple questions on a screen. Without the minimal experience, choices take over the entire screen so it's not possible to have other questions below. This is useful so the user can make a selection and then answer follow-up questions about that selection while they can still see it.

1 Like

I've posted a mock up over on the feature thread (Showing search option with minimal in appearance - #7 by seadowg)

1 Like

Hello @LN , for example i create a lot of form where use a select one with 700 options and is a good idea use the autocomplete, but do not look good with all options deployed, and sometime need to use the choice_filter down of the select one and is confuse to final user. I think could be a good
improvement to combine the autocomplete and minimal (like enketo).
If that option existed the order of the options would be the next:
1-Código plantio
2-Nombre plantio
3-Ha

Good timing, @famador, the feature is now in beta. Please take a look at ODK Collect v1.28 Beta 1: exactly match forms on server, minimal selects with autocomplete and let us know how it works for you.

Hello, thats great, i will test the new beta.
Best regards.