Creating a drop-down list in XLSForm

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
We'are about to use ODK in our diabetic retinopathy study soon to start and the XLSForm is ciurrently being finalized.

1. I need to know how to create a drop down list in the XLSForm for the different data collectors and the research site by name (as there are many locations for the study)

2. I need to know how to insert the collection of finger print of different participants.

3. The study is such that data collection will be during screening and forms uploaded to Aggregate. In this study we also want to test how long it takes for a referred participant to attain the base hospital.
    I need to know a way I can call-up submitted forms by means of id or finger print. Is it possible to call up already filled and sumitted forms for completing certain potions of the questionnaire? We think it's gonna be a risk to keep saved forms unfinalized and unsubmitted for weeks (say 2 to 4).

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
I'm using XLSForm Online v1.4.1 and windows 10 laptop to test forms

We hope to get android tablets to installed ODK. to be used for data collection

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have developed the the XLSForm and tested on Xiframe and everything is OK and I only have the question type as "integer" that only permits me to manually either increase or decrease numbers. When I put "image" under question type, it does not allow me to take the finger print or signature. (this is important for patients who lack capacity to consent.)

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

To make it easier for collectors to find the right option in a large list you might try:

You can collect signatures with the signature widget. There is not a current implementation for taking a fingerprint scan. If you search for fingerprint, there are several posts in the forum about how someone might implement a fingerprint scanner, such as this one:

If you need a system in which a requirement is pulling up previously submitted records you might want to explore the use of ODK-X tools (currently called ODK 2).

1 Like