Csv data in Field-Task

Hello,

I have pull data from a CSV file using calculate data-type/field and display the data using note data-type. Using ubuntu OS, I'm able to see the data when run from the test environment, however the note field appears blank when I open the survey using field- task. What do you think possibly could be wrong?

Courtney.

Field Task is a fork of Collect with some added functionality. Your best bet for help is to email neilpenman@smap.com.au

Thanks Yaw.

Courtney did contact me. The problem was caused by an error in the way the pulldata function was written.

pulldata('Entity_Rec',TPD_TRN,TPD_ENTITY_KEY,${Entity_Name})

Ie no single quotes around the text parameters.

The above syntax error is not detected on load of the xlsform. (I just tested it at https://opendatakit.org/xlsform/). Nor is any error shown when filling in the form in fieldTask. Probably that would also be the case with collect however I have not tested that. So possibly a case could be made for improving error checking within odk code somewhere @yaw, but not high priority.

regards

Neil

1 Like

Thanks again guys, It's great that work continues to improve this product base on feedback from developers.