Documentation for 2.0 querying csvs

Was working away on migrating to rev218 of 2.0, and using old rev208 queries syntax to query csvs for multi-level lists, like the regions/country example in using queries here:
http://opendatakit-dev.cs.washington.edu/2_0_tools/release/218/application_designer/xlsx_converter
The documentation implied no change, but blanks were showing up rather than actual content in the list. Eventually dug through the selects_demo and found that while the old version/documentation ended with:
display:{text:region}};
}).value()
the example selects_demo now has:
display: {title: {text: region} } };
}).value()

When I implemented this additional {title: } component, all my lists worked again (although veeery slowlllly on the big ones).

Wanted to flag this for documentation correction. I would be happy to fix myself if I could figure out how :slight_smile:

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for catching this! I’ve submitted a new draft with your changes for the UW team to review. As I mention in this post, we don’t have a good infrastructure for contributing to the 2.0 docs yet. But you can open tickets on the issue tracker and use the Documentation label.

Regards,
Jeff Beorse
Eir Birch

Hi Jeff!

Thanks for moving the correction along! If I catch anything else before the 2.0 documentation infrastructure is going, I will create a ticket and use the documentation label.

Best,
Caroline