Error: form already exist in Aggregate (but version is different)

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

Hi everyone,

I've created a fonction allowing me to have an automatic version number in the version column (using date et time) in my Excel form, see here : formulaire_adherent.xlsx (21.5 KB)

It's work fine : every time i open the file the version is uploaded then i just need to save and quit

the problem is that when i load my file in Aggregate the seconde time, without changing the name of it but having the version updated, it will show me this error message :

saying that the form already exist

the weird part of it is that sometime it will work and other time it won't
i don't do anything differently though

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
aggregate 2.0.0

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

i check in the XML file and the version numbers are different, the new one being superior, it should work

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

you can download my file and convert it to XML then put it in aggregate, then re-open the Excel and save it to update the version then convert it again in XML and re-upload it to Aggregate, and it will eventually show you the error

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

thanks in advance

Jean

It's not just the version number that determines whether a form can be updated. If there are any structural changes (e.g., adding new question) it will fail. This is documented at https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-update.

Can you attach two of the XML forms (a v1 and v2 that gives you this error) so we can compare?

Hi yanokwa, thanks for your help !
unfortunately (or fortunately) this error didn't show up since i have posted this topic, and i don't have any previous version of the file to compare.

I must have done something wrong that time

If this error appear again I'll let you know

thanks again

Jeanb

1 Like