Error: is an invalid xml tag. Names must begin with a letter, colon, or underscore, subsequent characters can include numbers, dashes, and periods

I just cant figure out where the issue for this lies

Error: is an invalid xml tag. Names must begin with a letter, colon, or underscore, subsequent characters can include numbers, dashes, and periods.

Please please help.

inquilab introduction activity form 2.xlsx (17.6 KB)

File name contain space which violate basic rule.

Oh Wait!! The name of the overall excel file cannot have spaces !

Thank you so much. I have been struggling with this for hours!! Thanks a lot

Screenshot_20190520-154801 Screenshot_20190520-154809 Screenshot_20190520-154755

its like issues never get over. now that i created calculation outside of the repeat loop functions, when I use the app, just at the last screen when its supposed to show me calculations, it shows me this. I am literally giving up :slight_smile: !!

could you attach part of xls do not need full and explain what your are trying to achieve?

I am creating a data collection form where a classroom of students are divided into groups. Each group is expected to do certain tasks and we give them scores based on each task. Once each team's scores have been entered, I want to create a page where overall class details are shown and we finally close out. inquilab-introduction-activity-form-2.xlsx (17.6 KB)

While you are at this, I had this question earlier - which was centered to the same activity. If this is something that you get some ideas on as well.

Also, thanks so much!! :slight_smile:

Check the xls repeat_name_view_outside_invalid.xlsx (13.3 KB)
repeat_name_view_outside_valid.xlsx (13.3 KB)

and the documentation:

https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-repeats/#using-additional-repeat-groups-to-iterate-through-responses

1 Like

Thank you, I had seen that link. I am still not sure what am I doing wrong. the xls kind of gives me a direction, but I am still unclear where I was wrong. I had been trying to go thru various materials available on the forum, they all seemed to be suggesting what I have done (or thats what I understood it as)

What you have mentioned will work on static set of repeats, right? When I have a dynamic selection, I wouldn't know how many time I will have to run this script

indexed-repeat(${age},${r},1)

Is my thinking incorrect somewhere?

The issue was with the count function. Where I had count(..) . I had read that in one of the links too, however it threw the system with the rankings playing a role. I would still like to have it, but I am not sure how to do that.