Font style in a question label - override bold?

Default styling of question labels in Collect is bold. And as the docs note:

The label of a form widget is already bold, so bolding text within the label has no effect.

Also referenced this old Enketo blog post. I was trying to figure out a way to un-bold part of the text, and have been unsuccessful so far. Is this possible?

Just text.
__Markdown bold__
<span style="font-style:normal">span font-style normal</span>
<span style="font-weight:200">span font-weight 200</span>
<span style="color:DarkGrey">span color DarkGrey</span>
<small> small tag </small>
<span style="font-style:italic">span font-style italic</span>

I don't think it's possible... we don't make it bold using html but calling setTypeface() method so everything is bold, even if you set font-family it will be bold.

1 Like

Yes, I don't really know why that decision was made. It's something that @seadowg and I were recently talking about changing as he is making the whole app in line with Material Design recommendations. I don't think it would be very disruptive to make labels respect any markdown or HTML style specified. Any objection to just doing it?

I don't think there's any technical reason for this -- it's just a decision that someone made, right?

We actually just merged changes (https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/pull/3483) that stop the label from always being bold. Should be coming in 1.26 (and hopefully a little sooner in a beta).

Does it not already support this (other than the hardcoded bold problem)? I've not really played with this feature at all.

Ah, indeed, I misinterpreted what you said in that thread. So the text is now "heavy" but not bold. Interesting.

Yes, by supporting "any", I specifically mean including bold.

We should verify that this is now the behavior before the beta goes out in the next couple days.

I'll double check we can support examples like @danbjoseph's.

1 Like

Ok looks like we can now add bold and other styles:

1 Like

Well then. Thank you for anticipating this change that was apparently already made, @danbjoseph! :tada: