Help with "allow_choice_duplicates" error

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Good afternoon, I'm currently working on a Microsoft Excel sheet that is styled in a XLSform which will become an ODK. The form is going to be a kind of finance invoice where the user selects different used materials from a select multiple. The problem I'm having is that some of the choices out of the hundreds available are the same (choice list) name; this is due to the (choice list) name being the material's cost, which was needed for a finalized sum calculation of everything that would be selected.

So of course when I try to test run this sheet it gives me the error "Error: On the choices sheet the choice list name '24 42 0 18 30 12 2.4 6 300 60 3.6 120 36 1.2 0.456 360' occurs more than once. You must have set allow_choice_duplicates setting in your settings sheet for this to be a valid measure" Which makes since, due to the repeating name values. But when I look up this "allow_choice_duplicates" string I can't find any information on it or how to implement it into the sheet.

Any information or guidance on how to use this would be greatly appreciated. Or if maybe you could think of a way to add a character to the choice names to differentiate them but still be recognized as a number value so it can still be calculated that would also be acceptable.

Thank you so much for any help you could give.
Samuel

I don't know if it will solve your problem but here is a sample:
testF.xlsx (8.0 KB)
it's in a sheet called settings.

2 Likes

Surprisingly enough, that worked. I'm a little upset at how simple that was. Haha.