How to print day name

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I want to print dayname from date

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Hi @Bhupender_Bhutani

Welcome to the ODK community!

Sorry I do not no understand what you are trying to achieve, please provide more information. If possible give an example or explain your use case. Once we have more information we will be in a better position to assist.

We would like to learn more about yourself, what you do, your interests, projects you are working … please introduce yourself. Whilst you are it, please add a profile picture.

Hi
Actually we need Day Name from current date i.e 2017/08/16(Wednesday)

Thanks
Bb

Hi @Bhupender_Bhutani

Do you need to use the day name during data collection in the field? Or you require that at data analysis? If its at data analysis I suggest you do the conversation post data collection.

Hi
We need to use day name at the time of data collection in field.

You can use the format-date function as described here. Please note that in Collect v1.9.1 and previous the day and month names ( %b and %a) are always shown in English rather than being localized to match Collect's language. The next release should fix this.

Thank you
My problem solved.

Hi
string for long day name i.e Tuesday