I am getting following error on trying to convert xlsform to xml

Error: b'ODK Validate Errors:\n>> XForm is invalid. See above for the errors.\norg.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParseException: Invalid calculate for the bind attached to "${mortality}" : Unexpected beginning of path in expression ${death_bfe} / ${birds_bfe} \n\nResult: Invalid'

What is the problem? Please be detailed.

I am trying to divide two integers using calculate in xlsform and on trying to convert it into xml I am getting the above error. Could anyone let me know what is the issue?

Hi @anindya11,

It is clear there is an issue in the calculate section. Can you post/ attach the form for more assistance?

bfe_questionnaire_final.xlsx (11.9 KB)
Hi, Find the form attached.

I think you have a type issue issue here ${death_hh}/${birds_hh} at row 19.

Confirm that, the way you have designed the form i think it should be death_bfe

You cant use a value that is yet to be defined, a value must be defined before referring to it.

Actually, you can :slight_smile: . The problem is you cant use '/' in a calculation for division; instead you have say 'div'. See XPath Operators. So the calculation you want for row 19 (and 36) should be:

${death_bfe} div ${birds_bfe}

1 Like

Thanks @Xiphware your suggestion worked!!

1 Like

Ohh, thank you @Xiphware for that tip and correction .

Hi, Now i am getting the following error on trying to send form with images from odk collect:
"FormName - Error: Internal Server Error(500) at server_url/submission?deviceID=imei%3Aimeinumber

I am able to send form with no image question.

You may want to check this thread for possible causes and solutions.

If you are still having problems, please open a new thread and perhaps describe the environment (Aggregate version, Tomcat vs Google App Engine, etc) in which you are experiencing the problem.