Images not appearing on ODK Collect

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I have an image file (a picture of an inhaler to show respondents who may be unfamiliar with an inhaler when asking about medications that are used) and have added a column to my XLSForm "media::image" which contains the file name inhaler.png. When uploading the xml form to ODK Aggregate, I also uploaded the inhaler.png file as a media file.

On my tablet, I checked the odk/forms/media folder for this form and I can see the inhaler.png image (see attached screen shot) but when I get to this survey question no image appears and instead there is an error message "File:/storage/emulated/0/odk/forms individual quex v2-media/- is missing" (see attached screen shot)

I'm not sure what else I should be doing to get the image to appear.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
I am using ODK Collect v1.15.1 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab E.

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
I have attached the xlsform survey form and the png file.

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried manually dropping the image file into the media folder on my tablet. I have also tried using other formats for the image (.jpg instead of .png) and neither has worked.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

BK-individual-quex_v2.xlsx (43.5 KB)

Hi @Nina_Brooks,

The column media can be multi-lingual, hence you need to define it properly with this syntax media::image::language . Check this this modified one BK-individual-quex_v2.xlsx (19.3 KB)

Check out this reference table

4 Likes

Thank you! That worked!

As a quick follow up - is there a way to get 2 images to show up on the same page? I have 2 different examples of inhalers and would them both to appear on the same page as this question.

2 Likes

You can use two questions in a group that is displayed on one page (field-list) but it requires two questions as I mentioned so I guess it's not you expect.
You can just create a new image that contains both you need and add it.

1 Like

Thanks so much for that suggestion - that's a great idea!

1 Like