1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
When sending data to Google Sheets each column arrives as text - so dates and numbers have the format '09/10/2019 and '100 respectively. I know that this technique is used to fool Excel into treating numbers as text, but I wonder why it should be the case here when my ODK Collect question-types are specifically dates and integers.
Here are the relevant lines from the xml made generic with [placeholders] and without the <> :
bind jr:preload="date" jr:preloadParams="today" nodeset="/[form]/today" type="date"
bind nodeset="/[form]/[group]/[question]" required="true()" type="int"
This means it breaks any calculations that are linked to those columns, unless I write a formula to strip the apostrophe before evaluating...
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Collect 1.23.3, Google Drive
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Checked that I set the question types correctly
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
You could try using the above xml in a form and upload to Google sheets. I have found this to be the case on different forms so I don't think it is just me being stupid (for a change).
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.