Introduce yourself here!

Hi,

I need help on using ODK. Where can I ask for training and help. I also need to install it on my PC. How do I do that

1 Like

Hi, I'm Rishabh.
I am a Full stack developer based in India.

1 Like

Hi, I am the director of a non-profit in Cape Town, South Africa - The Umtshayelo Foundation, and stumbled upon ODK through Kobo. I joined this group hoping to find help with setting up a monitoring & evaluation system for our org and its various projects. Be warned, I have no idea about computer programming. I need help and a very patient individual(s) who would have the time to guide me through a very complex (as far as I'm concerned) process. Anyone out there?

1 Like

You may be interested in learning how to launch other apps from ODK Collect to pull in data; see https://docs.opendatakit.org/launch-apps-from-collect/

Hi I am Aryan Agarwal. I am an Undergrad at IIIT Hyderabad. I am new to open source and would love to work on android development. I wanted to work for ODK because i like the concept they work on. You can find me on github : https://github.com/worldinmyfist

I am looking forward to work for ODK.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lars and I...

Thanks for starting this forum. I am excited to participate, benefit and hopefully contribute to the community.

Lars

4 Likes

Hello my name is Kunal kumar saw and i am a college student of IIT varanasi(INDIA) in electronics dept.
I would like to work with ODK in GSOC'20 as i fullfill all of his technology requirement i.e java and android .
I get to know about ODK through GSOC and after seeing the past projects of ODK i am eager to start contributing in its open source projects so please send me the link of bigenner bug list to start my contribution .My email ID is kunal.kumarsaw.ece19@itbhu.ac.in and github acc https://github.com/Kunalkumarsaw.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi everyone,

My name's Soth and I'm currently a college freshman in Phnom Penh.

I'm very new to ODK and I joined this community to get support setting up ODK for a project I'm working on. I'm very excited to participate, explore and learn more about ODK as I think it's an incredibly useful and impactful tool.

Thank you to the ODK team and this community for making such an awesome open-source tool.

1 Like

Hi,
I am Anjay Goel. I am an undergraduate student from IIT KGP, India. I am really excited to contribute to this project.

1 Like

Greetings to you all the intellectuals, am Katende Emmanuel an M&E consultant operating in Uganda. I am very excited to join this ODK forum. Blessings to you all.

1 Like

Hello,
I'm Greg Lipps and I'm a herpetologist (amphibian and reptile biologist) working in Ohio, USA. I started using ODK in 2012 and have used it exclusively for all of my data collection since 2013. I've authored dozens of forms and have trained lots of employees on its use. ODK has become such an integral part of my work, I always remember to include the project in my end of year giving. Recently, I've begun to explore what has been made possible with the Google Drive implementation (citizen science?) and am excited to see where ODK goes next. Certainly one of the greatest tools that I've seen come about in my lifetime, and I'm extremely grateful for everyone who has made it possible.

If that's not enough, and you want to dive into my data collection story (from analog to digital) and read about my experiences with hardware, I've posted much of this on my website: http://home.greglipps.com/data-collection

4 Likes

Hey,
I am Johannes Wilm located in Lund, Sweden. Over the past few years I have been contracting as a frontend and backend developer with various organizations working in the development sector. In two cases Kobo Toolbox and ODK were used, but that has been years ago.

What I am currently looking at is a django/python based system for storing data. New data comes in via spreadsheets and alike after it has been collected via proprietary systems. We would like to see if we could integrate the entire process from data collection to storage into one system. Kobo Toolbox could be one obvious candidate for doing that given that it's also python/django, but it seems like Kobo may be falling a bit behind and I wonder if ODK Central may be a better solution if we manage to transfer the data on to our system from there even though it is a nodejs app.

3 Likes

I just joined in this community. Please accept me guys. Thank you!

1 Like

I'm Mathieu, but I'll answer on this site on behalf of bikmat. I am currently living in Côte d'Ivoire and I'm a statistical engineer. I've worked with many data collection tools (CSPRO, epidata, etc.). It's only this year that I discovered ODK Collect and I fell in love with it. I hope you will help me to maintain it. I want to train my colleagues to work on ODK but first I need to develop my own mastery of it if I want to have the chance to convince them. (pfff real conservatives).

5 Likes

Hi, I am Vivek Verma and I am a third-year student in NIT Silchar. Actually I am here since last September but I forgot to introduce myself. Today I had seen that I have a draft message. It's so nice to meet you all.

2 Likes

Hello all, I'm Peter Lwanda from Tanzania and a good user of ODK. I develop ODK forms for my organizations, students and people undertaking various research. Its a good tool.
Looking forward to learning and sharing ideas with you.

4 Likes

I am based in Accra. Let me know how I can help!

2 Likes

Hi all! I'm Lauri and work at the IFRC at primary data collection. I've had a couple of years pause in using ODK and apparently a lot has happened since. I'm excited to see so much progress and can't wait to catch up with all that is new and seemingly bigger, better and shinier. I'm equally keen to get to know the community surrounding the probably-the-best primary data collection tool available. Cheers!

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Ijeoma, I work as a researcher using earth observation and GIS as an integral part of my everyday work. I am glad to be here. I am still at the early stages of learning about ODK as this is my first go on mobile data collection platforms and being part of an open source community. There is so much to learn and I am taking it one day at a time. I am very grateful for the great community here.

BTW, I have been kicking myself for not hearing about ODK earlier and using paper based questionnaire the last 5 years of my work life! Anyway, I am glad to have been saved now and I look forward to sharing this awesome discovery and new knowledge to a next person I come across

ODK is a relief! and I look forward to an amazing time here.

4 Likes

Thanks to all guys for your warm welcome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes