Introduce yourself here!

Hi, All
My name is Abdul-Majeed (Fabla) from Ghana, I have been using ODK and CTO on multiple projects (Health, Agriculture, Education and Finance) for 5 years now, ODK has been the easiest and user friendly since I started using it. You can contact me for how to design a form, how to build ODK aggregate on a server and a local server, how to push, pull and export data with ODK briefcase.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Hi ODK world,
I'm a software engineer and database architect with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg school of public health in Baltimore, Maryland. I work mostly in international health with projects in South Asia and southern Africa.

We use ODK for data collection on single survey and longitudinal trials. We get a lot out of ODK, but we also want to see ODK grow significantly. Our team wants to contribute to that growth and to have a say in what features are added.

We're hopeful that ODK2 will come to fruition. This tool suite has many features we think ODK will need to remain relevant over the next few years.
-Fred

10 Likes

Hi , I'm Hank Ratzesberger, no relation to John Ratzenberger of Cheers, and spelled a bit different. I'm interested in joining this community after seeing a job opening and I'm curious what you are doing. I'm interested in Open Government Data, XML databases and linked data (although I have not had a day job in the latter for a while). I live in Encinitas, California, the triathlete capital the world, the one percenters -- by body fat. I can't keep up with them, but there's nothing like a morning ocean swim with your coffee.

7 Likes

Welcome Koumijech, me too I live in Cameroon (Douala) but I'm more of a developer (ODK collect and briefcase) than an end user. Will be please to help if i can. Cheers

5 Likes

Hey, i am so excited to be on this platform. My name in Levie Nkhoma from the warm heart of Africa, Malawi. I am based in Lilongwe, Malawi's capital city. I was introduced to ODK not so long ago this year 2017 by a person i now call a friend. The first day we met, we talked about a lot of thing including her introducing ODK to me. I have so far created data collection platforms for my church and i am looking forward to using it more in my future projects. Besides data collection, i am a fun of screen printing and branding.

7 Likes

Hi,
I am Waqar Ahmad, Working in UN World Health Organization Pakistan. Earlier i was working with International Rescue Community and we were using ODK for IDPs camp profiling. In WHO working on Polio Program and dealing with ODK forms and data.
I have learnt many things from blog and discussion of people. Yaw we (Ashley and me) had a skype meeting and discussion on that auto delete issue (https://github.com/opendatakit/xforms-spec/issues/100). Now Doc Ashraf is dealing our Unit while Ashley has other assignments in Jordan.
A special thanks to Yaw for supporting all the time.

5 Likes

Hi. I am a researcher from India. I stumbled upon FOSS while I was looking for data to prove the concept that I proposed in my Ph.D. proposal. Since then I am exploring the FOSS paradigm to understand the development processes it follows. I published some research work in this domain in IET Software, International Journal of Open Source Software Processes, Frontiers of Computer Science.
I got an opportunity to attend Professors Open Source Software Experience (POSSE) in July 2016. In this course we were trained to educate students to contribute to Humanitarian FOSS projects.
Now I got interested in contributing to the FOSS. I find the ODK project very interesting as this technology has a lot of social impact, and it has humanitarian value. Just exploring the project to find out where I can fit in as a contributor.

4 Likes

I've been developing websites for about 10 years. Now am looking to add data collection app to my most active website. I've chosen the ODK family of tools and am just getting started.

4 Likes

Hi Everyone,
I am Barnabas, an entrepreneur from Ghana. Have been involved in field data collection using manual paper and pencil for many years until i came into contact with data collection tools like ODK. I am therefore looking to learn and apply it in field data collection. Still new and need help. Thanks

6 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Error: Quota Exceeded

Hi everyone!

I'm Vlada, originally I'm from Russia but currently, I'm a Master student in IE University in Business Analytics and Big Data track in Madrid in Spain.
I’m data science enthusiast and want to be an analytics professional. Passionate about machine learning and digital business transformation.
Also, I'm former Google Business Intern and EMC Intern and have some case championships and consulting experience. Have expertise in product management, software market research, and strategy.

Would happy to contribute to the community as an intern both in business and technical sides!

5 Likes

Hello Friends !! I am Gouri from Kolkata (India), working as a programmer in ICMR,NICED. I am very new to ODK system.

5 Likes

Hello
Am Ayoub
Am Based in Uganda and in HIV Research, I got involved in the ODk community when i started working for different projects, am currently using it for 5 different projects each on it's own local server. ODK is one tool i have really enjoyed working with though its lower side is i can only use it for cross sectional studies.
In my spare time I watch movies, and watch movies and watch movies

7 Likes

Hi!
My name is Odilon i am from Benin republic a french speaking country from west Africa. I am an agronomist. I discovered ODK collect few days ago. It is a very useful tools that can helps a lot in data collection. So i want to learn more about it.

5 Likes

Hello the the ODK family!

I am Justina Oluyemisi Lawal, Ph.D
Based in Nigeria. I work in a research scientist - agricultural socio-
economist.
I got to this forum through curiosity
Though I was introduced to Odk less than a month ago because of an upcoming project I will be involved in. It is entirely new to me!
But I have been trying my hands on it.
I was able to complete an already built in form and send to a server that had been created. But then I wanted to check on the server, what I had set in. How do I check this ànd access the data I had sent to server for analysis????c
Need your help to grow on the use of Odk!

6 Likes

I work in a research institute!

3 Likes

Welcome in the forum @Yemisi24,

This part of the forum is just for new members to introduce themselves. For support, you should put your questions in the Support category of the forum.
I advise you to visit http://docs.opendatakit.org/ to get more information on how to use ODK before even posting a question.

4 Likes

Salut, je suis ANGE ELVIS ABA (Côte d'ivoire).
J'utilise ODK depuis 2015 et cet outil m'a été présenté par Tropical Data.

5 Likes

Hey there

Im from Georgia, i use ODK for commercial project, we are researching markets (Prices, product distribution, appearnce etc)
Software is good one, we use google sheets to collect all the date and then transform it to the reports we need, in the near future i plan to use wordpress as odk data, scenario is like this, im sending all the data in the google sheets and then connecting these datas with wordpress, so far im testing one plugin but looking for writing something custom :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi.
I am Anibal Vivaceta de la Fuente, from Valparaíso, Chile. Currently teaching Public Health at Universidad de Valparaíso
Regards

4 Likes