Introduce yourself here!

Hi. I'm from Zimbabwe, a typical ODK user for data collection both routine and survey health data. I have only recently been using ODK about 3 years and i'm here to learn a lot more about how we can improve efficiency for routine data collection and reporting.

Chi.

8 Likes

Hi, I am Monica from Uganda, I am an epidemiologist and PhD student at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical medicine. I stumbled on ODK in 2015 and have since used it to collect data for HIV prevention projects in Uganda. I will be using it in my PhD project as well.

I look forward to much sharing and learning!

Fun fact: I love dancing to no music

8 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am haitian and i am based in Haiti.I am a statistician and i am working as data analyst, i have been working on survey (form programing with ODK) since a couple of month. When i'm not engaged in data collection i like learning new statiscal software,reading and playing music.

It's a pleasure for me to join the community,i hope i will learn from its member and also i hope i can share my view (as limited as it can be) with anyone who would want it.

9 Likes

Hi,, I am Rico Kurniawan from Indonesia
I am a public health researcher at Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia.

5 Likes

HI Everyone,

My name is Alemu. I am from Ethiopia working as an ICT and Knowledge Manager for a non-profit research organization called OSSREA (Organization for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa). I learned about ODK from a project here in Ethiopia. The project uses ODK to collect and manage health data. I have been using Kobo for mobile data collection and management. I am currently configuring the ODK platform to collect data for an upcoming project. I can be found on Twitter @cyberalex. I like playing around with infographics, animated videos and mobile application development.
FUN FACTS: Do you know that the only country that has 13 months in its calendar is Ethiopia. The Ethiopian Calendar has 13 months of which 12 months comprise of 30 days each, and a 13th month at the end of the year called the intercalary month usually has 5 days and 6 days in a leap year.

Cheers!!!

8 Likes

Hi, I am an assistant professor from SUNY in US. I hope to learn how to use ODK for survey data collection.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Open Data Kit and Data Policy in India

Hello world,
I’m from Tanzania and have just finished my postgraduate diploma in Monitoring and evaluation.
I started using ODK Collect as a newbie this December, 2017, trying to make more practice to be competent on it. I am so glad being a member in odk community. Wishing to discuss more in the same platform.

7 Likes

Hi people! Diego here, alias Varilla (or Alexander Vari, less know)
Im from Argentina, so, sorry for my bad english. Maybe i write like an illiterate.

I’m 22 years old, and started with the programming and informatic since 2009 (when i had 13 years old). At today, i’m the leader of the developement’s area from one National Council of my country. My superiors gived me the task of collect data for paying social plans around the nation, and i decided to use ODK for that. I came here because i stumbled with a problem of encoding, and @LN was a great help.
I started in the programming with the coded lenguaje called PAWN, which serves for create SA-MP servers. It's a little similar to C++. Since that, i learned HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, Linux and differents frameworks, and that's why later i got a good job.

In addition to programming, i love read and write. One of my dreams is to publish a novel in the US. At today i’m reading the second book of Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones). It’s awesome.

In my free time, i play the piano (fortunately i have one in my house, thanks grandpa haha) and draw pictures. As well i try to invert time in create some projects, like when i was a boy, but the life os an adult is a little more differente haha

Well, that’s all. Thanks for reading and have a good day!

Regards from Argentina, Diego.

6 Likes

Hi,
My name is Laura, I am based in Rochester New York and am the support staff for the Monroe County Vacant and Abandoned Properties Task Force. I have zero experience with ODK but found you when I searched for ways to make a database of vacant properties. You can follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MCVacantPropertyTaskForce/ and on Twitter/Instagram @mcvacants
Some of my favorite things to do are anything having to do with music! Vinyl, Festivals, concerts! I also geek pretty hard on Star Wars, Star Trek, Buffy, Angel Firefly and Twin Peaks!

7 Likes

I knew it when i first saw your name.

3 Likes

Hello
I am Tawfik from Yemen, I am a new user of ODK, I work in the Center for Studies
But my English is not strong
I hope to learn more and know new information and new friends
All the best for all
Tawfik

12 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ODK Aggregate installer failure on macOS

Hi All, my name is Worku from Ethiopia, though I use my company name ( Applenty) as user name in this forum. Applenty is a technology solution provider specializing in consulting and development of data tools. We are more interested to engage ourselves in the field of data analytics, mobile apps, and crowd sourcing. My responsibility in the firm is to lead development projects and consulting.
I came across ODK recently and am glad to use the system for data collection to our clients and more.
Regards from Addis, Ethiopia

9 Likes

Hello all,
my name is Katrina and I have been working with ODK for around 5 years now. After working for NGOs in the field (Afghanistan and Kenya), I am now self-employed. I focus on trying to make data more accessible for people and spread electronic data collection in the world, as I honestly believe it can do so much good in the humanitarian and development sector.

Cheers,

8 Likes

Hello ODK Forum,

Am Free and Open Source evangelist :smile: from Ghana :ghana:. I discovered ODK through OpenStreetMap community. I have been here for while though, tried my hands on ODK and introduced it to others several times. Yet to implement or use it for a project though. Looking forward learning and sharing with all.

You can find me on

Happy New Year.

10 Likes

I have worked in clinical research since 2000, and have used ODK from 2010. I am from Ghana and Health Informatics my specialty. I have used ODK in my fields of my work in collecting and reporting various data in real time. This tool is very useful and moving forward, I hope to learn more about the community and everyone here. We can connect..

8 Likes

hie i am benedict tapfuma, a final year bsc information student in information systems.have worked on a variety of ODK consultancy work for OPHID (organisation for public Health Interventions and development in Zimbabwe, University of Zimbabwe department of Psychiatry Antenatal depression research work,University of Zimbabwe Research support Centre and Friendship bench Project Zimbabwe.Started to learn how to use ODK during my first two months of industrial placement at Friendship Bench Zimbabwe in the year 2016 and since then acquired much knowledge on developing xlsforms and deploying odk on cloud servers and even on tomcat server.I live in Harare, Zimbabwe and am willing to keep posted learning new things in as far as how information systems can be used to revolutionize business and organisations operations.

10 Likes

Hi,
Am Otundo Robert Toel from Kenya. I have been using ODK for the last 4 years in conducting baseline, midterm and endterm evaluations in Kenya, Uganda,Tanzania and Zambia.
I appreciate the support received from Carl, Yaw and Mitch am now an expert, looking forward to partner with anybody interested in collecting data from East Africa and beyond using ODK.
You can find me on Twitter: @OTUNDOTOEL and otundotoel@gmail.com

Happy 2018.

Otundo.

7 Likes

Welcome to Kenya Again!