Introduce yourself here!

Hello, I am Truphena Murunga, an Msc. Student at AIMS Cameroon. I am passionate about research, surveys and data analysis and I just love ODK. I am still a beginner in using ODK and I just love its features and what it does.

6 Likes

Hi ODK friends and collegues!

My name is Abed and I am a graduate student at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. I decided to start my ODK journey as I will be going this summer to Tanzania in order to collect data as a part of my thesis. I am very excited but as I am new to this experience and do not have a computer science background, it is taking me some time to understand how things work. I am discovering things on my own (as any independent research should) and I am making progress but any tips are welcome!

My twitter handle is @AbdRTamim; I tweet about economics, grad school, motivation, and personal/experiential stuff!

Some things I do other than the university-related tasks include reading novels, watching tennis (Rafa Nadal is my favorite player) and soccer (a Barcelona fan here), working out at the gym, and trying new things!

5 Likes

Great to be introduced Seth. I am also from Trinidad, currently reside in North Carolina in the US and my fieldwork is in Ecuador. I'm curious about your aversion to "Caribbean". We use Caribbean and West Indies interchangeably and have for a while. If anything "West Indies" is colonial in etymology while "Caribbean" stems from an Arawak word.

In any case, great to meet another Trini ODK user. Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi nice to meet you.

First, welcome to ODK!

If you can please post something to the Support forum detailing your specific problem, what your tried, etc I expect someone in our community can assist getting you setup.

1 Like

Hi All!
I am David, and I am based in Bristol, UK.
I first got involved with ODK last year (2018) through my work. I have been trying to develop a series of questionnaires in ODK to be used across a number of different countries, and in two languages.
I'm a keen cyclist, although currently recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon!
Look forward to learning with all of you.
All best,

4 Likes

Thank you Dear @Xiphware . I've done it.
but not satisfied yet

Hello there,

My name is Naveen. I quit my IT job few years ago, because of my strong preference to live in India and work for the welfare of farmers. Since then, I have been working full-time as a social worker focusing on agriculture, farmers’ welfare, consumer awareness on food, volunteer mobilization for local NGOs . I am now a active member of a state-wide farmers’ organization called Rythu Swarajya Vedika, which is renowned for its work on farmers’ issues. Last year I led a large field study and co-authored the report “Farmer Suicides, Land Ownership, Tenant Farmers & Rythu Bandhu”.

Now I am exploring tools for
conducting surveys, managing data and generating reports.
Task management for volunteers
Social Media campaigns etc

I am hoping ODK suits our needs.

Cheers--
Naveen

3 Likes

Hello
I am Johannes Charles from Tanzania, from 2010 to March 31 2019 I was working at Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences under CDC funded project as Information Technology Administrator. I am a founder and CEO of Outreach Traders working full time helping the agro forced to become Data-dependant in their farm operations creating Agri Business.

I am ODK fun and open source community, mostly I develop data collection tools for various research project eg: NORHED1 in Tanzania. Currently pursuing the journey I love the most in software development after being selected for Google Africa Certification Scholarship.

You can find me on Twitter @twtJohannes @outreachtraders

Awesome being here with you all

8 Likes

Hi.

My name is Loola BOKONDA, I am from Congo DRC and I live in Morocco since 2012.
I am a phd student at Mohammadia School of Engineers.

I just start with ODK this year (2019), it was a suggestion of my thesis director for my phd. So ODK suite tools is my thesis topic.

I have some development skills, thanks to my academic background and my last job.

You can find me on LinkedIn and ReachGate as Loola Bokonda.

5 Likes

Hi ODKers,

I am Aydin and I am from Brussels, Belgium.Working at the quality departement in candy factory. I started with ODK in 2016 with the intention to swipe away the paper forms from the workflow . I have devloped a series of forms in ODK to be used as a electronical tracability system for quality management.

Greetings

3 Likes

Hello,
I am Mustapha Habibu a Community Health Practitioner in Katsina state, Nigeria working as a clinician in Health clinic Unguwar Gaje, Zango local government

hi

5 Likes

Hey I'm Elliott. I'm from the USA and I am working with a nonprofit in the hopes of collecting data about trees in the Biodiverse Cloudforest of Ecuador.

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am from Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa. My passion for working with data started when I learnt how to write my first select statement more than 15 years ago. Currently, I am a DBA that wants to explore ODK suite. I have not done a real project using ODK so I am here to learn how to use this great tool as I want to add more value to my skills and contribute to making the world a better place.

I just started researching ODK when I saw a vacancy that requires ODK. The first url that I clicked just got me going deeper and deeper into ODK. Excited to be part of this community to learn and share ideas.

I really want to know all about ODK.

When I am not doing data related work, I love to spend time with my daughter and wife. They are the reason that I am here.

Looking forward to becoming a contributor to this community.

6 Likes

Hello David,

I am also based in Bristol and have been using ODK for a wide variety of projects since around 2015, mainly in local government in South Africa. Happy to share my experience

Regards,
Paul

3 Likes

Hi Paul,
Would be great to have a chat at some point. Let me know how best to contact you.
Thanks and very best wishes,
David

2 Likes

Hi
I am Clement Bempong from Ghana. Currently supporting DHIS2 implementation in Ghana. I started using ODK in 2017, however I am now doing a real project using ODK. I hope to learn more to add up to my knowledge base in ODK.

4 Likes

Hello wonderful ODK community,

My name is Maricha and I've been using ODK for multiple projects for years when I was working in the Dominican Republic. I've been a long time user of the forum when I needed help but never posted so I suppose it's time to introduce myself. :slight_smile:

I am currently based in Seattle but work on projects for anywhere in the world. I got into ODK while working for Innovations for Poverty Action in the Dominican Republic, it's a great and versatile data collection tool, especially for those of us who are not developers or programmers. I used ODK for research projects, evaluating the impact of a variety of social programs aimed at alleviating poverty.
Favorite things to do outside of data collection? Travel? Take my dog everywhere? Be anywhere near the ocean? Not sure why I phrased those as questions.

I look forward to learning more about ODK and hopefully returning the favor and helping newbies learn too.

4 Likes

Hi, I'm Juan from Quito - Ecuador
I have been using ODK since 2016 mainly for transport surveys, recently I was able to install Aggregate on a local server and now I'm getting other uses, such as geotechnical logs implemented.
great software !

Juan

3 Likes

Welcome to the ODK forum

1 Like