Introduce yourself here!

Hi everyone,
I'm Nathalie. I work in Chindrieux, near Chambéry, France and i've discovered ODK a few months ago. I'll use it to collect environnemental data.For the moment, i try to install Aggregate ^^)

5 Likes

Hello !! I am from India and just started using ODK Javarosa library in Android application.

I am hoping to learn more & more on ODK through this forum.

Lakshmi.

4 Likes

Hello ODK community!

I live in North Idaho, Moscow to be exact and commute across the border to Pullman Washington where I work.
For the past three years I spent close to half of my time living and working in Afghanistan, and I look forward to seeing where else I land.
After a couple of years of laborious data entry, I tested out Open Data Kit with my team in Afghanistan and we all loved it. Sadly, the program ran into some administrative complications and we weren't able to fully use that tool, but it is one that I plan on using frequently, for all kinds of fun things both personal and professional.
I have an instagram account- hippiekimmy- and am working on a career style webiste, though I am a long ways off from having that launched. I also have a blog that hosts all of my bad poetry on wordpress- babble on.

I love to run. I have two awesome border collies that tear up the mountain trails near my home with me. I also love some karaoke, a good rodeo, and whisky. I am building myself a tiny house on a trailer, and I love when I actually get to make progress on that project!

5 Likes

Hello world,
I am Saurav from India . I am a Computer-Science Undergraduate at Indian Institute of Technology Patna currently in my 3rd semester. I mainly work in Android and i am learning Web technologies.
I got involved with the ODK community while i was searching for good open source projects to contribute to. Currently i am just involved in the ODK collect Android app in which i only have a single merged PR since i started yesterday only.

I am also passionate about Mathematics specially Statistics and hence I am also inclined towards Data-Science and Machine-Learning.

Following are the ways to follow me

1. Github-https://github.com/srv-twry.
  2. Linkedin-https://www.linkedin.com/in/srv-twry/
7 Likes

Hello World!

I am from Athens, Greece. I am a software developer. I am coming from the Ruby world, the last 6 years, but before that I have done a lot of Java programming. I have never done any Android programming though.

Will I be able to catch up and start contributing to this project? I am really wondering. Do you have any developer's guide?

I like this project very much because it is used to improve the world.

I am very glad that I joined.

6 Likes

Hello Everyone.

I am Harsha from India.
Today I came to know across ODK when I was browsing for available opensource projects to contribute and I am very much impressed.
I would like to join this community and work together for the product's improvement.

You can contact me on my email at harsha.kovur@gmail.com.

Best Regards,
Harsha

6 Likes

Hello everyone, am called Oprong Paul from Uganda an ODK user from 2014. I am happy to join this forum where ideas and solutions are shared. ODK has enabled me to gain job opportunities on a number of social and health field studies especially at the level of field data collection supervision. I hope to gain experiences from other members on this forum. Thanks

6 Likes

Hi all, my name is Eddy. I am working in sustainable agriculture for smallholder farmers. We have several projects in reforestation, coffee and cocoa, all with smallholder farmers. I am using ODK to collect complex field data for our projects. Furthermore I have a background in GIS and Remote Sensing. So, I do not have developers skills, but I can provide feedback about friendliness of ODK and user requirements. And I am very much a believer of open source software, having experience with the GIS and RS sector where you have to pay astronomic prices for software packages.

You developers of ODK do a great job and help many sectors. If I may use this opportunity to give some feedback I would like to mention that I am very much waiting on the following improvements: Being able to send results to the interviewed people (e.g. by sms), being able to modify the database (more easy), a more flexible and manageable database, more database processing options and webbased connection, being able to download ID's and use them for monitoring.

I am aware that some of these options are already possible in for example ODK tables, but I find it sometimes a bit complex to integrate and use. But again, you all do a great job and I am very thankful for your work and efforts to make this great software available to all.

7 Likes

Hello,

I'm moved from Ukraine to Australia few years ago, have been developing applications for Android with passion for quite some time. Few days ago found this project and decided to try to help.

7 Likes

Dear All,

My name is Jenni, I am based in Juba and I work for swiss humanitarian emergency response and relief organisation, called MEDAIR.

I am responsible for monitoring and evaluation, and just introduced ODK as data collection tool to my team members and the teams in the field.

Besides working, I do enjoy our community life here. I like going swimming and playing volleyball.

Hope for a good collaboration with you in this forum.
Cheers,
Jenni

7 Likes

Hi Community,

My name is Gaston Nina (gastonnina.com), I am based in Bolivia when I work such as developer and project manager at enbolivia.com

I am a technology lover.

I have little experience with ODK. But, I will try to help you in whatever I can.

Every day is a day of race.

Grettings

5 Likes

Hi All
My name is Zaixing Zhang. I am currently working in an international organization based in Manila, the Philippines. My key responsibility is to provide technical support to health program.
I got to know ODK when I was in Solomon Islands in 2013 when we were designing new tool for data collection from the field. I studied it by myself and got a lot of support from ODK Community. It was very successful. Thanks to ODK Community!
Since I moved to Philippine in 2014 I have been intoducing ODK to my counterparts to improve the efficiency and quality of data collection. Again it is sucrssful and ODK has been used beyond the areas I am mandated to work in.
Look forward to communicate with you and learn more from you.

5 Likes

Hello World,
I'm a Pedagogy undergraduate student at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and a technology enthusiast.

Currently, I work in educational Data Analysis, using as my main tools Stata and R. I got into ODK by the research lab where I work as Scientific Initiation student. Presently, I'm the tech support coordinator of a longitudinal randomized trial research in Brazil with more than three thousand children, and ODK is our collect tool. :grin:

Thank you all for the effort, and let's make this community bigger!

7 Likes

Hi my name is Nader it's Equal to Rare in English
I tried ODK Collect application
and it's Perfect i like it,
in fact i Love it,
i even forget to say Hello for all of you because of it.
Application like that comes from stars.
so here i am in ODK Community (Our Galaxy)
with the Stars.

.Net Developer
Oracle Database administrator
GIS Map
Communications Systems Developer

7 Likes

Hello!
I work as a project analyst at a company in the area of Telecommunications, located in Fortaleza - Ceará - Brazil.
I use the ODK to do data collection in the field, for later elaboration of network projects in Fiber and Coaxial (FTTH and HFC).

Previously I used GisCloud.
My main goal is to make the ODK tool as good as the GisCloud tool.

Thanks for the opportunity, a big hug to everyone and everyone!

Mario Luiz Vieira
Project Analyst Multiplay Telecom

Olá!
Sou trabalho como analista de projetos em uma empresa na área de Telecomunicações, localizada em Fortaleza - Ceará - Brasil.
Utilizo o ODK para fazer coleta de dados em campo, para posterior elaboração de projetos de rede em Fibra Òptica e Coaxial (FTTH e HFC).

Anteriormente utilizava o GisCloud.
Minha principal meta é tornar a ferramenta ODK tão boa quanto a ferramenta GisCloud.

Obrigado pela oportunidade, forte abraço a todos e em cada um!

Mario Luiz Vieira
Analista de projetos Multiplay Telecom

6 Likes

Hi All,

Dave here; Currently based in the US. I do work as both a part-time teacher and independent developer. Currently I'm exploring ODK to see if it is suitable for gathering feedback on some of our programs and activities in our school. As an advocate for open-source software, proud to join the ranks of the ODK community!

7 Likes

I am from the UK, based in Addis, Ethiopia. I've been on the fringes of several projects using Kobo for data collection and am now looking at using the ODK suite for several parts of a fairly large community-based health insurance project. Over four years we'll be collecting the details of 1mn people in remote parts of Ethiopia, and every visit they make to health facilities, and the ODK suite means we can pivot at scale very quickly over very fragile connections.

I'm pretty busy at the moment but when I do get free time it's all about festivals, music and travel.

6 Likes

I am Rafael Rivera. You can call me r2 for short. I am based in the Philippines. Someone introduced me to ODK back in 2014 when we conducted survey of hotel establishments. I only learned the basics of ODK back then and did not really pay attention on making my own survey.

In 2015, we got a World Bank-funded project for Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH). The task was to develop an open-source mobile data collection tool for their infrastructure projects (e.g., road, water, flood control, buildings). By this time, I am starting to "hard code" different survey forms using Excel. My working knowledge on ODK improved vastly due to this project. We were also able to connect the ODK survey we formulated to the existing network server of DPWH. I am proud to say that we started the "open source revolution" in DPWH since they officially accepted ODK-based tools in their own IT systems.

Inspired by this project, we put up our own start-up company http://openconstruct.ph/ that focuses on developing data management systems for different organizations. We believe that we did in DPWH can be replicated to other organizations.

You can follow me @rtworivera in twitter. Aside from ODK, I am also starting to develop skills in analytics, especially on how it can be applied to transportation. I am also into cloud computing and Big Data. A big basketball fan. And I still watch WWE!

7 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Use of ODK in schools

Good day,
I am Anne Conan, I am a vet epidemiologist based in St Kitts (West Indies). I am specialized in infectious diseases in low income communities. I use ODK for project in South Africa. When I arrived at University of Pretoria in 2013 for a post-doc, the group was already using ODK for a surveillance system in cattle. I developed questionnaire and extend its used to a surveillance system in dogs.
My professional link is @ConanAnne on Twitter

7 Likes