Li Lin TSC Application - 2020-03-10

Name
Li Lin (@linl33)

Organization
University of Washington

What contributions (e.g., issue triage, tech support, documentation, bug fixes) have you made to the ODK or ODK-X community?
Over the past four years that I have been a part of the ODK-X community, I have worked on most of the tools in the tool suite. In addition to the software, I have also been an active member of the Open Data Kit forum to answer questions from our users. Most recently, I have been a member of TSC 2 to help lead the direction of ODK-X.

How do you believe your contributions have benefited ODK or ODK-X?
Over the past four years that I have been a part of the ODK-X community, I have worked on most of the tools in the tool suite. In addition to the software, I have also been an active member of the Open Data Kit forum to answer questions from our users. Most recently, I have been a member of TSC 2 to help lead the direction of ODK-X.

What do you believe the top priorities for ODK-X are?
ODK-X as a suite of tools is very flexible and very capable, with its wide range of customization capabilities it could be employed to solve a broad range of problems. Many of these features, however, are not well documented or easily discovered. I believe the top priority of ODK-X is to focus our effort to enable ODK-X to be easy to use yet flexible.

How will you help the ODK-X community accomplish those priorities?
I will use my knowledge of ODK-X to help implement solutions that will build on the strength of ODK-X. With my experience with working on ODK-X’s code base, I understand which areas of the tool suite could be more usable and which areas lack documentation. On top of identifying these areas, I will help to address these shortcomings both through the documentation and the software.

How many hours a week can you commit to participating on the TSC?

What other mobile data collection projects, social good projects, or open source projects are you involved with?
Most of my time has been spent on ODK-X. I’m not currently involved in other projects.

Please share any links to public resources (e.g., resume, blog, Github) that help support your application.
https://github.com/linl33