Looking for help to submit forms to Google Drive - Missing "XXXX-Name" Error

I've created an XLSForm on Google Drive to use with ODK Collect. The XLSForm is called "Profile" (same as my corresponding .xlm form). When I complete the .xlm form from my phone and try to submit the results, I get this error:

Upload Results
Profile - Spreadsheet is missing the following columns: Profile-Name

I've tried to add a column entitled "Profile-Name" on the settings tab of my XLSForm (both before and after my original 3 columns of "form_title" / "form_id" / "submission_url"), but I still get the same error.

Can someone please tell me where exactly I need to add this "Profile-Name" column, and if I need to add anything in the rows under it?

Thank you for your help!

Hi @Allison.m.sanders

welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

The error means that there is something wrong with the sheet you are trying to use. Is it an empty sheep?
If you have more than one sheets in your spreadsheet submissions are sent to the first one so make sure it's an appropriate sheet.

If you still have a problem please share your form and spreadsheet with me, I'll try to help.

Hi, thanks so much for your help! Just introduced myself by the way, sorry I missed that :slight_smile:

I'm not using an empty sheet, and the error message specifically says that I'm missing a column titled "Profile-Name," though I don't know where to insert this.

Do you know where to insert this column? Here's my sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1abz9y9yZl5fbq2nM3giAJYuDCaIXGzeSNIGnIywhC6g/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks again for your help!

Ok I requested permissions please accept.

Ok but where you want to send submissions?

I thought they get automatically compiled on the first tab. Is this not the case?

You mean the survey tab? No it's your form definition you can't use the same sheet for submissions please add one more sheet (tab) and make sure it's before survey (at first place) then try to submit your forms.

1 Like

You have also wrong url in settings. Looks as if you just copied it from your browser but it should be generated like on this video https://youtu.be/GnXwGmhaI9U?t=167

Hi Grzesiek, it works now! I think I only needed to add the "submissions" tab, and then it was able to upload the results. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like