Mapping geopoint geotrace track of gps waypoints with repeat function questions

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I want to administer a survey to the public which will do the following

1. Take GPS coordinates

2. Map using the placement map appearance

3. Capture image and audio of the place being mapped

4. Capture also a video recording

5. Respond to a set of questions using star rating (ranking)

6. After answering these questions, I then want to move to the next location to be mapped and I want to continue to track GPS coordinates from the previous location to this next location.

At the next location, I want to repeat Number 1 to 6 above. The repeat will be continued until all possible locations are mapped and attached questions responded to.

The number of locations that will be mapped are unknown ahead.

My question is with my syntaxing and design of my XLSform, is my use of repeat function right to allow me repeat the questions for each location mapped? Would I be able to capture tracks of GPS with this design between points?

This is my first test of ODK and XLSform and I am not a programmer

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

I have designed my questions with relevant constraints and hints in XLSform. I want to be able to use it on ODK collect

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I have used a repeat function, but am not getting headway with this because am not sure an using the right function or placing the repeat in the right place or if the geotrace would capture the GPS points in between locations

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below. My xlsx form is as attached

MapandDocConcerns.xlsx (11.3 KB)

Hi @Map_Me_So_Much and welcome on ODK forum.
Don't hesitate to take some time to introduce yourself here
Yes your form logic is good :
you start the form, create a first point, fill the questions for this place and at the end of the last question you will be asked to add a new point.

About your tracking need, you should take a look at location tracking capabilities : https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-audit-log/#location-tracking or simply, it depends on your needs, compute line between each point.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help, it makes more sense now.

1 Like