Need data collection help for COVID-19 response?

If you, or someone you know, needs data collection help with the COVID-19 response, Nafundi, ODK's lead developer, is offering free and ongoing help for any organization working on COVID-19.

We can help you use ODK for contact tracing, decision support, community education, strategic mapping, and case management. Fill out this request for data collection help with COVID-19 response form to get started.

14 Likes

Hey @yanokwa , I am also with this global work. If you have any thing where I can help than I am happy to help you.

Best,
@iamnarendrasingh

5 Likes

Hey,

Would love to help too. Feel free to send along work. Will help in tool programming, work flow design and SoPs for electronic data collection using ODK.

Paul Macharia

5 Likes

Dear Yaw,

I would love to help with this work. Please let me know if anything comes up, that I can help with.

Thank you,
Imran

3 Likes

Hi Yaw

Also available to help!
Great initiative.

2 Likes

Available to help in tool programming
Kindly get me involved if something comes up

2 Likes

I am also available to help.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Can't download form from Central

I hope you and yours are all doing well. Thanks for all the willingness to get involved. @yanokwa and I have been helping on a handful of projects that got in touch directly and we are now having a hard time keeping up.

Would any of you be interested in starting form design for forms B1 and B2 of the WHO first few cases protocol as requested by @dmoran in Contact tracing for COVID-19? I've asked some questions there about process because there might be an opportunity to pre-fill some data. I think getting started on the questions would be helpful, though.

I would recommend that someone start a Google Sheet form and invite others to join and help. I should have time to join in on my day Friday so please give ln@nafundi.com edit permissions.

The two COVID-19 forms we have already shared should be good examples and in fact you'll find a number of questions in common. Copying those in would be a great starting point!

Anyone started working on it? Today i am busy but i could work on it Friday and Saturday. It would be great to work.

FYI I’ve made a copy and started playing around, but I probably won’t get time to get serious about it till tomorrow night/following day.

Hey @Xiphware, you can share link with me so I can give my time as well on form. I go through with Form B1. I can give my time on form B1 .

Best,
Narendra

I have created two documents that anyone can edit:

I used the same headers as with the A0 form to help with copying and pasting.

Consider using a thread in the Slack #general channel to do real-time coordination if multiple folks are available to iterate on it at the same time.

1 Like

Check B1 and provide input specially variable naming. B2 is the shorter version of B1. So if any one want to start working on B2 just copy paste B1 and delete extra part.

2 Likes

This is fantastic, @ARIF_AZAD_KHAN! Will do a deeper review as soon as possible.

Done. I'm putting my change comments here: https://opendatakit.slack.com/archives/C35470318/p1587176126033700

1 Like

It's been great collaborating with you on this, @ARIF_AZAD_KHAN and @Xiphware. Hopefully this will be another useful resource in the fight against this virus and for ODK usage in general.

I went through and made some light edits for consistency with the paper form and the A0 ODK form. Looking more carefully at B2, I don't think it's worth designing separately. As @ARIF_AZAD_KHAN notes, it's a subset of B1. I think that whoever deploys this will need to consider carefully what their workflow is for contact re-visits and change the form design accordingly.

I turned off public edit access and gave @Xiphware edit privileges. @ARIF_AZAD_KHAN, I'd like to give them to you as well but I don't have your email address. Please request access so I can grant it to you.

I'll publish the form in a separate post so it's easy to find.

1 Like

Thanks. And yup, I'd still consider it in a bit of a draft state, at least compared to the A0 form. I'm trying to find time to squeeze in more work on it... but any feedback, misstakes, etc please don't hesitate to post!

1 Like

Dear @LN,

Is anyone working on this form? If not I have some time this week and happy to work on the follow-up form. Please let me know if should work on this.

Thank you,
Imran

1 Like

Available to help in tool programming
Kindly get me involved if something comes up

1 Like