Nested loop - repeated count

Hi Francesco,

This is possible, but XLSForm doesn't make it possible. We'll have to
work around it.

I've attached an example form that I think does what you'd like.
Ideally, you should have been able to use a repeat_count column with
the value ${participant_count}, but XLSForm doesn't allow it.

So instead, I've included a custom column in the XLSForm called
"body::jr:countx" with the value
"/nested_loop_count/session/participant_count".

In the XML that gets generated, you'll see this will appear at line 47 as

Replace the "countx" with "count"

The form should now do what you'd like.

Yaw

nested_loop_count.xlsx (11 KB)

··· On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 7:53 PM, Gianfrancesco Ferrari wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to nest a loop within a loop, using repeated_count if this is > possible. That is, I have a number of thematic sessions that are taught in > various type of structures. For each session, I'm interested in a series of > information, the type of structure it was given, how long did it last etc. > So I would use repeat_count, and repeat the questions just mentioned for > every time that specific thematic session was given. I’m also interested to > know the number of participants for each thematic session. And for each > participant to that session, I would like to know the age, sex and the score > the participant obtained doing a test on that particular thematic session. > So I would like to reopen a repeat_count to enter the information about the > individual participants to that session or find a way to do so, but until > now I have failed. Would that be possible? Thank you > > > Kind regards > > > Francesco > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hello Yaw

I tried it but it didn't work

begin repeat rpt_length Capture Log Length
select_one length length Log Length* yes minimal search('s_length.csv')

begin repeat rpt_stock Capture Log Diameter /nested_loop_count/rpt_length/length
begin group grp_count Sawlog Count field-list
select_one diameter diameter Log Diameter* yes minimal search('s_diameter.csv')
end group grp_count

end repeat rpt_stock
"
end repeat rpt_length

I HAVE A SIMILAR STRUCTURE TO YOURS