ODK 1 Developer Call - 2018-07-04

ODK 1 Developer calls bring together developer community to discuss issues that concern us all. Everyone is welcome to participate in these calls.

The calls are held on the first Wednesday of every month on UberConference from 14-15 UTC. We try to send out a reminder on Slack the day before.

We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hszoTRzWG5W04JXgcBzE7BcdEZGB75lA8tftTNZ5lzA

Our next call will be Wed, July 4th, from 14-15 UTC (see in your time zone). Will you be there?

• I will be there!
  • I can't make it this time but I'm interested in future calls

0 voters

If there are topics you would like to add to the agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

My computer broke last week and it was a real pain to set up another one to do the JavaRosa and Briefcase releases. I could present on how I do those releases so we can brainstorm ways to automate the process. The high-level goal is to 1) make sure this is well documented and 2) enable others to ship releases more easily.

@dexter21 Would you be open to do a quick demo of ODK Share and ask some of the open questions you'd like some feedback on? It's best that you share your screen, so be sure to try a day or two before at http://uberconference.com/opendatakit.

@ggalmazor Maybe you can share some of the lessons learned on this month's sprint around Briefcase and your ideas on how we could improve the next sprint? For example, we had some goals around export performance that we didn't meet and it might be good to share that story.

@joeldean Your implementation of the SMS features is now in beta. Was there anything interesting or surprising that you've learned in that implementation that others could benefit from? This could be either about SMS itself or the Collect code.

@Matthew_White This might be a little early, but I know you've started to think about adding submission viewing to Central. Do you have a rough approach in mind that you could get early feedback on?

Hi, everybody! I'll be glad to share :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, I do have some thoughts I could share!