ODK 1 Technical Steering Committee (TSC) established

:confetti_ball:Happy 2018 everyone!:tada:

The Project Management Committee (PMC) is excited to announce the formation of the Technical Steering Committee (TSC) for ODK 1 (Collect, Build, Aggregate, Briefcase, JavaRosa XForms) effective Jan 1, 2018.

The PMC would like to thank the community for their participation in the formation of the TSC, especially for providing feedback on the TSC governance document and asking questions of the candidates.

The PMC has selected the following ODK community members to serve on ODK 1's TSC:

These initial TSC members will serve a one-year term. Going forward the TSC will establish criteria for TSC membership and will appoint new members to two-year terms. If you are interested in joining the TSC please contact the TSC as the committee is responsible for appointing new members. For more information about the TSC governance please refer to the TSC governance document.

Summary of the initial TSC selection process
The PMC held an open call for TSC membership that started with an online application that was available from Nov 27th through Dec 11th (see announcement). The PMC then posted the text of the applications on the ODK Forum so the community could ask public questions of the candidates. After the TSC candidates answered the questions the PMC then evaluated each candidate. Each member of the PMC (Richard Anderson, Yaw Anokwa, Waylon Brunette, and Carl Hartung) individually rated each TSC candidate using the candidate’s answers, community participation, and provided links to public resources. The four ratings were then compared and discussed producing a final list of 9 initial TSC members, which is the midpoint of target of 6 to 12 TSC members.

13 Likes

Wow, this is so exciting! Congrats to all who have been selected and I am so honored to be part of this powerhouse group. I can't wait to see what we can accomplish together in service of this amazing community!

4 Likes

A huge congratulations and (more importantly?) an even bigger thank you to everyone who stepped up for this important role!

I for one am looking forward to the coming year of excitement and change, and I'm grateful to each of you for your leadership as we all move forward together.

3 Likes

Happy new year to every one

1 Like

Great ! Congratulations for all members, specially my friend Dickson !

1 Like

Congrats everyone! Keep your good works up.

1 Like

Congrats everyone! Especially Helene and Yaw. You two are very active, responsive and helpful contributing a lot to ODK. Keep up the good job!

4 Likes

Hello All ,

Congrats everyone . It is a great news for all of us . I hope this community grows big and becomes more robust . All the very best . Happy New Year

Thanks and Regards ,

SGSC .

1 Like