ODK 1 TSC Call - 2018-04-18

ODK 1 TSC calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks at https://uberconference.com/opendatakit from 16-17 GMT+1. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KdUeiryViiPyiG8ajDC_snxSzDBBb-kwNauHvD_chfA 6

Our next call will be Wed, April 18th, from 16-17 GMT+1 (see in your time zone).

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

2 Likes

Now that I'm finally healthy again, I realise that it's not going to be possible to make these meetings any more because the of shift of one hour for daylight saving time here in Germany :frowning:

Is there any way we could make them one hour earlier? I realise that this is a big ask, but I can't actually see any other workarounds right now.

Glad you're feeling better, @adam.butler.

@TSC, we didn't discuss daylight savings time. How about using GMT/UTC during the winter and BST (British Summer Time, UTC+1) during summer instead of UTC which does not observe daylight savings time? See in your time zone.

That means the time will change for folks like @Shobhit_Agarwal in places that don't observe daylight savings. For those of us in the US we'll see a temporary time change around daylight savings time changes because Europe changes on a different schedule. And for those in Europe/Africa I believe the time will stay constant year around.

If we agree to this, this Wednesday's call will be one hour earlier than the last call.

I think this will be better for everyone as I know some of you said it was getting late last call.

• Yes, this change works for me.
  • No, this change does not work for me.

0 voters

Also, I have set up the agenda so please take a look!

@adam.butler I was going to request similar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just got the +1 from @tomsmyth so that's more than quorum. We will bump this Wednesday's call to one hour earlier. The original post has been updated to reflect this.

1 Like

Unfortunately this is a direct conflict with project meetings for me, but for a double-whammy, there are more communications disruptions that are making it impossible to use much other than Google search. It looks I like will have follow along as best I can.

1 Like