ODK 2 Developer Call - 2018-05-08

ODK 2 Developer call

TIME: :sparkles: May 8th, 2018 at 15:00-16:00 UTC (8am PDT) :sparkles: (convert to local time)

Note: there are two ODK 2 developer meetings a month at different times to accommodate interested parties in various parts of the world.

We will be using Open Data Kit’s Uber Conference system:
LINK: https://www.uberconference.com/opendatakit

Please post below topics you would like to discuss at the meeting :point_down:

I’d like to add to the agenda that we welcome Aditya Laddha as the Google Summer of Code mentee and discuss his project.

I would like to give updates on peer-to-peer synchronization.

The draft design document is available from the link below. If you have a question or a suggestion feel free to comment on the document or on the Slack channel.

@linl33 Can you share any link that would be helpful for understanding the database schema used for storing the data?

The db schema will be the current schema with a few additional columns added. Description of these new columns are in the document. I will add some more information to make this more clear.

I am sorry. Due to a personal emergency, I was unable to show up for the call. I will try my best to attend the other one. Someone, please upload the recording.

May 8th, 2018 ODK 2 Developer Call Summary:

The next call will be on :sparkles: Tuesday, May 22th, 2018 at 4:00-5:00 UTC (Monday, May 21st @ 9 pm PDT) :sparkles: (convert to local time) . Note: there are two developer meetings a month at different times to accommodate interested parties in various parts of the world.

Call Recording:

Highlights:

• @Jeff_Beorse discussed the launch of ODK-X documentation — ODK-X Docs. The docs now have perspectives for deployment architect, platform developers, system administrators. Welcome community contributions using Pull Requests. Report issues you find with the ODK 2 docs on the docs issue queue.
  • Brief discussion of the peer-to-peer synchronization (design document available here)
  • @laddha-adi will be starting his Push Notifications project as GSoC project
  • Release of version 2.0.5 is currently scheduled for the week of 5/14.