ODK Aggregate installer failure on macOS

Hi,

I am trying to set-up ODK Aggregate and am using the Google AppEngine. I have seen the various posts about needing at least Java 7 for Macs. I have downloaded and installed Java JDK version 9. When I check the version of Java that is installed using the Terminal, I receive the following:

nina-brookss-macbook-2:~ ninabrooks$ java -version
java version "9"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9+181)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9+181, mixed mode)

Based on this, it appears that I have the newest version of Java and my computer has recognized the correct path. But when I go through the ODK Aggregate (1.4.15) set-up wizard I receive the following error:

I am following the steps to set up ODK Aggregate from the ODK website (https://opendatakit.org/use/aggregate/) but the set-up wizard does not have the same steps when I go through it. For example, I am never asked to enter the email address the AppEngine project was set-up under (Step 14) and am never asked to authenticate anything in Google.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Nina

Hi @Nina_Brooks! Java 9 was released a few days ago and the Aggregate installer was released way before that, so I'm guessing that's the problem. Can you uninstall Java 9 and re-install Java 8 and see if that works?

Oh and when you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

Hi Yaw,

Thanks so much - that solved it!

Best,
Nina

6 posts were split to a new topic: Error installing Aggregate on Mac after Java 9 uninstall