ODK Aggregate setup

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Hello
I was trying to setup ODK Aggregate in my laptop by following the instruction on the website.But unfortunately at the middle of the path t was not working.It will be helpful if anyone could demonstrate me in an easy and understanding way.please note that I have no idea about app engine.I was trying to setup it in windows 10 through Google App Engine.

Regards,
Bithi

Hi Badrun,

If you are following This Link to set up ODK Aggregate on Google App Engine, there shouldn't be any problem. However, please walk through this guideline and if you come across any issues, please post the specific points of issues you are experiencing including any error message during the setup process.

I would request if you find any response helpful on this forum, please do not forget to let us know once your problem has been resolved, as that becomes a reference for others. Also, you can share your experience, you have managed to overcome that issue.

Thanks,
Imran

2 Likes

Salut moi je ne peux pas créer un serveur

My Laptop is also have windows 7 32 bit,I tried to install ODK Agregate after installing Jre ,Jdk,Tomcat 8,but does'nt work.It display errors,can I get your help please.
Thanks
Jesse

Hi Jasse,

Could you please share your error messages, so that one of us can guide you through to the next step.

Thanks,
Imran

1 Like

As @A.N.M_AL-IMRAN said, more information is needed to be able to help you! Make sure you've also searched for the error message or behavior you're experiencing as this forum has lots of tips already.

Additionally, if you'd like to watch someone going through the process, @Stalker shared a really thorough video at ODK learning videos - #9 by iamnarendrasingh.

1 Like

Hello Imran,
Frist of all thank you for your help and request.I will definitely try to share my experience with all.I was trying to follow the instruction as per link, that you send.Please see the screenshot where I was stacked.

in the picture the continue was dead and when I cancel the tutorial it went to the previous stage.

Looking for your reply.

Regards,
Bithi

Are you able to login into appspot server?

I am not sure .How could I login into Appspot server?Please note that I don't have any idea how app engine or server work.

Did you follow my video, in which i explained how to setup server?

Please go through with this once.

1 Like

Dear Narendra,

It's a great comprehensive video. We may create one for other topics too, like Tomcat installation etc.

Thanks,
Imran

Ya sure, I will try to make that this weekend might be on Sunday.

1 Like

@Jesse1 @Ndongodiouf9 There are a lot of reasons why an Aggregate install might not work and everyone posting to the same topic makes it harder to solve Bithi's problem. Please create another topic with your specific issue.

1 Like

I am sorry, before posting this issue,I tried to review the different causes and their solutions but I didn't get the solution,that's why I post this issue

Hello all,

Please see the snaps. I had seek helped to our IT department about it.they had found the problem.How could we overcome this error which was shown after click the finish tab in odk aggregate.

1 Like

Might be you are using Java 9.

1 Like

Yes, we are using Java 9.Which version are you using or which one will be suitabled.

1 Like

Java 7 or 8.
Java 9 is not working with ODK Aggregate.Please uninstall Java then reboot system then install Java 8 or 7.Then again do setup.

Narendra

1 Like

Thank You.Finally, we are able to link the ODK aggregate with Google App Engine.Now In the ODK aggregate windows, I can add new form but how could I work with that I mean may I need to do anything in my smartphone's ODK application and how could I send the new form to the other data collector's ODK so that they could get the update blank form on their mobile.

Regards,
bithi

1 Like

Hi Bithi,

Users can download a new form from the sever, they are connected with. Go to get a new form on your ODK collect and then select a form you would like to upload and then get selected.

Thanks,
Imran