ODK Collect Compile Error

Hi I am compile ODK Collect using Android Studio and getting an error "Illegal class file: Class module-info is missing a super type. Class file version 53."

Searched for the solution but most of them failed, I am new to Android is there an easy way to get rid of this error ?

1 Like

Hi I am compile ODK Collect using Android Studio and getting an error "Illegal class file: Class module-info is missing a super type. Class file version 53."
Searched for the solution but most of them failed, I am new to Android is there an easy way to get rid of this error ?

1 Like

Hi @gangadhar

please try this workaround https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/blob/master/docs/WindowsDevSetup.md#current-workarounds

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response this issue is resolved with this workaround.

image002.jpg

One Issue which I am facing is that it is creating the leaks icon also in the phone. Is it something to do with the memory leaks inside the app code?

image002.jpg

Yes it's about memory leaks but you can ignore it. If it's annoying you can also disable it in the code. It's more for developers to help us catch such problems and fix them in the future but it's not something very important.