ODK Collect betas are an opportunity to get community feedback on upcoming releases. If you have an ongoing data collection campaign, we recommend quickly verifying part of your form on a test device. The release will be delayed until all reported issues are fixed.
Joining the beta program
To join the beta program, find ODK Collect in the Play Store and scroll all the way down. Please don't join the beta with a device or account actively used for data collection! In particular, note that joining the beta is account-based. If you use the same Google account across multiple devices, do not join the beta with that account.
Leaving the beta program
You can leave the beta program from the bottom of the Play Store page at any time. Once you leave, you will get the next production update when it is released. If you need to go back to the previous production release, uninstall and reinstall the app. Your settings will be reset but your forms will remain (though backups are always recommended).
What to check in this release
This is a big release with a lot of new functionality! The important changes to verify are:
- Dark theme
- Enable at General Settings > User interface > Theme
- Form updates trigger notifications and background downloads
- Enable at General Settings > Form management > Form updates
- Attach any file to form with question type:
- Try with All Widgets form on opendatakit.appspot.com
- Geopoint dialog shows satellites used and time elapsed for troubleshooting
- Altitude and accuracy columns added for geopoints in Google Sheets
If you have some time, please also verify the other changes in the release notes:
Unlike our usual betas that run for a week, this one will run for two weeks because there are a lot of changes in this release.