Select_one question is not showing data after saving

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
a select_one question is not showing when the data after i save it. If i go to edit the response is missing

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
odk collect 1.12.2

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
nothing

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Hi,

Can you share a demo version of the form you are working on? so that one of us can try to help you resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Imran

1 Like

Hello ,

Yes as @A.N.M_AL-IMRAN has suggested please do share the sampke XLSForm . And i know this is silly but may i know , are you finalizing the form and saving it or incomplete form

1 Like

@A.N.M_AL-IMRAN and @SGSC Here is the link to my xform. After completing the form and save then when i go to edit ,The variable GVH and FDP are showing blank field as if it was not answered.

I dug into this and there are two bugs in pyxform that are causing problems in Collect.

1. If you have a space or special character (e.g., quote marks) as the name/value of a select option, pyxform should warn you. In this case, it's not warning you because there is a choice_filter. That's a bug.
  2. In the case where you don't have a choice_filter, pyxform does warn, but it should instead throw an error and prevent the creation of the XML because if you have a space the value won't be saved (which to me is data loss that a user may not notice).

I have filed the issue at https://github.com/XLSForm/pyxform/issues/175. As a workaround, please remove the spaces from the name column in your choices sheet.