ODK talks in Cameroon

Hello folks. During the yearly developers conference (Devfest fako 2017) in Cameroon and in particular Buea. I gave a talk titled "A community driven future for Open Data Kit". Which was aimed at showcasing ODK tools and showing how we are involved as an open source community. Even though ODK tools aren't new to large organisations based in Cameroon such as WHO, however most programmers in my community haven't ever heard about ODK talkless of using ODK tools. So this talk helped them know more about this cool open source organization and how they could use its tools in their data collection tasks. This was my first experience giving a talk about an open source organization and I will confess I went out of my comfort zone. For a first experience it was really great all thanks to the great help I got from @yanokwa , @LN and @downey. Thanks once more
Bellow are some images of the event.

Abanda Ludovic
cheers

7 Likes

Big congrats on going out of your comfort zone and giving this talk, @icemc! I'm so happy to hear it went well and the pictures give a great feel for the event.

I'm sure @Cc_Dottie_Hunt and @tomsmyth will like seeing that their work on election monitoring was showed off in Cameroon!

2 Likes

This is incredible, Ludovic. We very lucky to have you as part of our community!

1 Like

Way to go Ludovic! So cool!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Ludovic. We are happy to participate in this development community.

2 Likes

Thanks for the positive replies. This is the least I could do for a community who taught me nearly everything I know about opens source. Thanks and I hope to have more talks like this (or even better) in the future. Merci a vous

1 Like