ODK TSC Call - 2019-04-03

ODK 1 @TSC calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room from 16-17 London time. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, April 3rd from 16-17 London time (see in your timezone).

The agenda is tentatively as follows:

• External data: status, way forward, and decisions to be taken
  • Forum market place: usefulness, plans, ideas

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

This is the link to the external data discussion we should all read before the meeting: External data - current state of affairs

Would somebody like to lead this discussion during the next meeting?

1 Like

Is it possible that a non TSC member can attend these kind of call? I am just curios.

Best,
@iamnarendrasingh

1 Like

Absolutely! Everyone is welcome, but we ask non-TSC members to be muted and only speak when asked.

You can also listen to the call after the fact because we post recordings in the agenda.

1 Like

I had to miss the previous TSC call (alas). I assume somebody would have notified me if - in my absence - I was elected by those present to facilitate this next meeting? [not that I'm volunteering by any stretch of imagination, but I'm unsure what the short-straw algorithm is, and therefore how long I got left till my honeymoon is over... ha]. :slight_smile:

I think this next one is going to be 4am NZST what with daylight savings kicking in on Northern hemisphere, and then 3am week after when DST ends downunder. Any chance of moving the time if so? Sorry, I hate to be the 'new guy' messing up everybody's schedule, but 3/4am is pretty diabolical :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I think we should add @Xiphware's complaint imploration as the last item on the agenda. I've highlighted the scheduled meeting times so it's easy for folks to take a look before the meeting.

April 3

April 17

1 Like

FYI, I'm perfectly fine with 10 or 11pm, or 5am (all of which are greyed out above).

[Sorry. Perhaps I should have explicitly divulged my timezone 'handicap' prior to TSC election... :wink: ]

But hey, that's what you get when yer project is so incredibly popular its used in ever country - and timezone - on the planet! [except North Korea and Greenland] :grin:

1 Like

Would it be possible to invite @LN to this meeting for a special guest appearance? I have a feeling that between them, she and @martijnr know more about external data in ODK than the rest of the planet put together (with the probable exception of @ggalmazor), and I seem to remember that such invitations are permitted under TSC rules.

I would be happy to lead this discussion, so that Martijn can free himself of facilitator responsibilities.

3 Likes

I think that is a great idea!

Ok, I'll plan on being there!

1 Like

In exchange for my presence, let me add one more thing to your reading list and for consideration! :wink: ODK XForms spec proposal: add pulldata as custom XPath function. I'm expecting it won't be controversial but am particularly interested in what @martijnr has to say.

1 Like

You got yourself a deal (if up to me)!

Thanks for joining us again. It will be like the good old times!

2 Likes

FYI I've shared a google doc collating (anonymized) all the responses I received to my survey of recent ODK Marketplace job postings, if we wish to discuss on the call.

Available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g6V_KVHTdXzd0Yuhf16ZqQUwefxvz87WG6PT19wYu3E/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks to whomever added to agenda doc.

2 Likes

THANK YOU for posting the warmup question, so that I have plenty of time to prepare well in advance! [springing these warmups on me first thing in the morning, before the first cuppa coffee has kicked in, has been a hugely stress-inducing experience. :worried:]

:wink: