OTIN Emmanuel TSC Application - 2017-11-27

Name
OTIN Emmanuel

Organization
Novel-T

What contributions (e.g., issue triage, tech support, documentation, bug fixes) have you made to the ODK community?
no contributions so far
How do you believe your contributions have benefited ODK?

What do you believe the top priorities for ODK are?
For ODKCollect:

• Offline maps. Display and collect of points (base layers, shape)
  • Manage server endpoint as part of the form def, i.e. each form is associated with a server endpoint
  • Simplified interface i.e. hiding all the form management.
  • Data submission by SMS (like Medic Mobile ?)
  • Remote update of params
  • Lower/remove issue related to wrong configuration of phone date/time (by reverting the local date/time using the phone config to obtain the GPS UTC date/time) ?

For ODKAggregate:
I think there is a lot to be done to improve the server side (like ONA) including overall usability improvements.

• Dataset filtering/search
  • Maps (points)
  • Graphs
  • Dashboards

How will you help the ODK community accomplish those priorities?
Contribute to code by integrating some of the feature already implemented in other projects

How many hours a week can you commit to participating on the TSC?

What other mobile data collection projects, social good projects, or open source projects are you involved with?

I'm working for Novel-T company which provides Swiss quality to all of their Public Health and Humanitarian projects. We have multiples projects in public health. One of them (named Argus) is a SMS based data collection project for disease surveillance. I'm the lead developper of this solution composed of multiples components (Php web sites, Android mobile applications). This solution is deployed in Togo and will be deployed in Nigeria at the beginning of the next year.

In the same time, we forked the medi collect application to create another surveillance application for the Polio eradication WHO project. The Server side was the same as Argus. The name of this project is AVADAR wich means Auto-Visual AFP Detection and Reporting.

Please share any links to public resources (e.g., resume, blog, Github) that help support your application.

1 Like

hi, please i have the following questions for you.

1. when did you join the community?
2.How often have you been visiting the community platform?
3. There are so many supports topics which users of these community needs to be address, have you ever responded to a support from the public on these platform.
4. If now to question 3. why haven’t you respond to support since you join these platform.
5. How do you see the community to be in the next 5 years to come.

thank you
Fabla

1 Like

Hi Fabla, and thank you for your questions. See my answers below :

1. I just joined the community to participate to the TSC. My company and I are thinking that it is the good opportunity now to join the community and to contribute to the ODK platform as we are using it for different projects and we think that ODK has big capacities.

2. Not too much in the last months as we didn't had new projects using ODK

3. Not yet, but I will address some topics start from 2018

4. I'm working with ODK in recent times with a new company I joined. Until now I didn't have not enough experience to support people.

5. When a community is behind a product such ODK, it has to have very good knowledges, to be committed and realistic about the next features. This is how I see the community to for the next years to come

Emmanuel

thank you for your reply

1. the community always welcomes any individual or organization who have the interest in sharing views, ideas and supports. we really want to work together with people across the globe. per your response number 2 above, since you don't have new project using ODK at the moment that is why you have not been often visiting the community in the last months, so how do you intend to support the community when you don't have new projects on ODK and the community needs support?

thank you

Thank you for your reply.

It is not really what I meant as I'm not sure that we will work with ODK in the next weeks. However on behalf of the Novel-T company, we always had this interest to support some of interesting communitites like the ODK one, but we never had or took the time to do so. That is what we want to change as we would like to be "active".