Are you a nonprofit making organization or an individual working in one? Do you have an upcoming survey or a scheduled data collection exercise? Would you considered using mobile devices to collect data? If yes, we invite you to take advantage of this opportunity that we are extending to organizations for free.
As a way of giving back; we have come up with an initiative where we will be helping one nonprofit making organization setup and use a mobile data collection platform for free every month.
How it works
- You contact us via our website or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and express interest.
- We will get back to you and agree on the terms.
- We will set up the platform for you, this includes digitizing your tools, setting up the survey data hosting platform and calibrating your mobile devices for data collection.
- We will extend all the support you may need as you collect data.
- We will extract the data and hand it to you for your analysis.
- We close the project.
Tools and platform
We will use Open Data Kit (ODK) for this assignment. Open Data Kit (ODK) is a set of tools which help organizations author, field, and manage mobile data collection solutions. ODK is free and open source.
Who we are
Tech For Development -T4D is an international tech consultancy and capacity building firm based in Nairobi Kenya.
We work with individuals, SMEs, learning institutions, development agencies and governments, as consultants and partners in design, development, deployment and management of software solutions such as mobile data collection platforms, bespoke mobile apps, information systems, web-based systems and ecommerce platforms.