1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
(NB: This is an updated post - the original was posted, mistakenly, in the Development area)
I'm trying to install Aggregate on a local Raspberry Pi 4.
I've installed Tomcat - and it successfully delivers the test page.
I've installed Postgresql - and run the SQL initialisation commands.
I've had some trouble getting gradlew runAppWar to compile. But I've settled on Java 8 and Gradle 4.5.1 - and it appears to run almost to the end when it comes up with an error 'Error starting server' as the address is already in use.
In the /home/pi/aggregate/build/libs/ directory there is only a single file - 'aggregate.war' but not the 'create_db_and_user.sql' script nor the 'Readme.html' file.
If I use netsat I can see that port 8080 is already in use - which is Tomcat. However I can login to the Tomcat Web Application Manager, stop the application "/" (the test html page) and can copy the war file into tomcat.
sudo cp /home/pi/aggregate/build/libs/aggregate.war /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/
This alows me to access aggregate at http://192.168.1.136:8080/aggregate
I can then change the Site Admin password, and upload a form.
- I've not got, nor can run, the 'create_db_and_user.sql' script
- I can’t get a blank form using the Android ODK app. - "Form listingfailed. getXmlDocument failed while accessing http://192.168.1.136:8080/formList with status code: 404"
- None of the icons on the http://192.168.1.136:8080/aggregate page appear.
Any suggestions as to how to overcome this welcomed!
Error: from gradlew appRunWar script
16:07:26 ERROR Error starting server
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_212]
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433) ~[na:1.8.0_212]
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425) ~[na:1.8.0_212
16:07:26 INFO default runs at:
16:07:26 INFO http://localhost:8080/
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Raspberry Pi 4 - 4GB RAM
Java 8 - openjdk version "1.8.0_212"
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
During the first attempt to build aggregate there was a failure to open two jar files:-
error: error reading /home/pi/aggregate/libs/gwt-google-maps-v3-1.0.1.jar; error in opening zip file
error: error reading /home/pi/aggregate/libs/gwt-visualization-1.1.2.jar; error in opening zip file
A listing shows them to be very small!!
$ dir ~/aggregate/libs/
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 131 Feb 11 14:00 gwt-visualization-1.1.2.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 131 Feb 11 14:00 gwt-google-maps-v3-1.0.1.jar
So I downloaded them manually from git
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 247451 Feb 11 15:41 gwt-visualization-1.1.2.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 424996 Feb 11 15:41 gwt-google-maps-v3-1.0.1.jar