Problem installing ODK Collect 1.25.1 Using AirWatch

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
When attempting to distribute ODK Collect 1.25.1 to multiple managed Android 6.0.1 tablets the application fails to install (spins for a long time and returns a "Failed" message). The only thing that seems unusual on the AirWatch side is that the ODK Collect version number is not read correctly. AirWatch takes the version number from code but reports that the first digit (octet?) is null. If I do not force a "1" in the first position AirWatch will display the version as "0.25.1" Other than that, there's nothing unusual. Side-loading works OK.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
AirWatch ver: 19.7.0.20 (1907)
ODK Collect ver: 1.25.1
Android ver: 6.0.1
Mobile Device: Samsung Tab A; 16 GB memory

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Removed earlier versions of ODK Collect from the server and removed from a test tablet.
Added a new device to the assignment group in order to have a device w/ no prior installations.
Both had the same "Failed" result.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
W/out an AirWatch installation I can't imagine one could reproduce the problem. Rather, I'd like to be reassured that this build is versioned correctly. We have a help ticket open w/ AirWatch and I'd like to be able to assure them that the app is OK. or, if someone has had a similar experience get some advice.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
I got nothin'.

I think at this point, it's best to hear back from AirWatch to see what the issue is.