Problem with select_multiple with ODK Collect v1.23.1 and v1.23.0

What is the problem?
Hello. I have an issue that came up with this latest ODK Collect update. With versions 1.23.1 and 1.23.0, every select_multiple I have with a choice filter does not record unless I only choose 1 option. For example, if I have a required question with 5 choices, and I select 2 of them, when I finish the form, it takes me back to that question saying that the answer is required and it erases my 2 selected choices. If I only select 1 choice, the form saves successfully.
What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Aggregate v2.0.3
I tried on the Huawei p10 pro but I received reports of the same problem in Samsung and other Huawei devices.
What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I removed the choice_filter and it worked (but I need that filter). I went back to ODK Collect version 1.22.4 and it also removed the issue.
What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
I will upload a form with the problem I am detailing.
Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Form.
test.xlsx (409.4 KB)
test.xml (2.8 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks so much for that quick and complete report, @Marco. I have a fix but it will likely need to wait until Monday for a review and update to the Play Store. Is it feasible for you to use 1.22.4 in the mean time?

If someone else is running into this, please let us know.

Thank you. I would actually really appreciate a quick fix, many people are using our server right now and we will have to stop accepting answers in the meantime. But thank you for your quick support and reply.

Thank you so much for the quick report and for including a form that made it possible to quickly identify and fix the issue. Collect v1.23.2 has been pushed to the Play Store. Please verify that it fixes your real form and let us know if you run into any other issues.

We highly encourage you to join the beta program as described in this post so that issues like this can be identified and fixed before being released.

2 Likes