Profiling and performance tuning

Hi all. Continuing from here, I’m asking for recommendations on profiling tools for Java. We are working on improving performance on handling large forms. I’ve discovered the CPU Monitor and Method Trace in Android Studio.

2 Likes

Trying to think of who might have recommendations -- @ggalmazor @Grzesiek2010 @jknightco @Jason_Rogena @Shobhit_Agarwal @Yura-L any favorites for a Java (not Android) profiling tool?

We used to use YourKit. Ask @downey about getting license for Open Source project :smiley:

2 Likes

Good idea, @nribeka.

@dcbriccetti, if you try YourKit and find it useful, I'd be glad to acquire an OSS license for the project!

All of the profiling tools I've seen have OSS licenses so that doesn't need to be a deciding factor. :blush:

I'm not a user of this kind of tools but I've asked to some colleagues and they all talk well about Java Mission Control.

Thanks, everyone. AND NOW SOME NOISE TO REACH THE SILLY 20 CHARACTER MINIMUM.

@dcbriccetti, if you try YourKit and find it useful, I’d be glad to acquire an OSS license for the project!

Let’s do it! I just started a 15 day evaluation, and it looks really good. Thanks.

Thanks to the generous folks at YourKit, we now have a license for their profiler. If any committer needs access to the license, please send me a message!

1 Like