Quick help with GCP Installation: Do I need to revert to 1.4.15 from 2.0.3?

Hello All,
I am hopeful that someone will assist me.
I am just getting started and see great utility in ODK-X, but have run into a small problem:
I have installed aggregate on GCP following Installing on Google Cloud - ODK Docs (on two separate instances to make sure I was not making an error)

The result is running and I can log on through my browser.
However, all references in the guidance is to v1.4.15, and my resulting installation is v2.0.3

Many of the options on ODK Aggregate Tables Extension — ODK-X Docs are not available on 2.0.3 (at least that I can see)
Do I need to revert to 1.4.15 from 2.0.3?
If so, how can i do it?
The installation script calls for curl -sS …aggregate-cli/releases/latest \ but I am not sure how to call for 1.4.15.

What are opinions as to what is the best way to get ODK-X up and running?
Should I move away from GCP to another option?

Thanks in advance,
D

Welcome to the ODK forum, @DSpratt! We’re glad you’re here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. I’d also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

So with the latest releases of ODK-X (e.g. ODK 2 Tool Suite Release - v2.1.2) Aggregate is deprecated. Sync Endpoint is the new server option: ODK-X Sync Endpoint — ODK-X Docs 4

Best,
Caroline

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for the welcome and the quick response.
Before replying, over the past few days I have been looking over the link you sent me for Sync Endpoint and have made some progress.
I ended up using AWS and have learned a lot about Docker and Swarm.
I have the docker swarm running and progressed to Step 7 on the Setup instructions.
But I now have a couple of questions:

1. When it states In the “sync-endpoint-default-setup” cloned repository is that referring to the directory of the same name?

2. I am not sure how to address Step 10. Which hostname does this refer to?
    Also, I found security.properties file in config but I could not find the listed fields that it refers to

3. For Steps 13 and 14: docker stack deploy -c docker-compose.yml syncldap
    The server takes about 30s to start, then it will be running at http://127.0.0.1.
    This seems to apply to running on a local machine.
    Do you know how this can be achieved on an AWS instance?

Thanks again,
D

Hi @DSpratt!

So I am going to tag @linl33 in hopes he can answer these questions that are a bit beyond what I know.

Best,
Caroline

In most cases, yes. The repository can also be cloned into a directory of a different name.

10 and 11 are optional. The hostname and port number are inferred automatically. If you want to set it manually, it refers to the publicly accessible hostname.

Then the address will be your EC2 address.