Repeat group with Google sheets - how to do it?

I have the same problem.
Only the first sheet in the calc document is created. In the first sheet, I can see a formula like yours showing "error". You can see only one sheet in my google document.

Note that I have another form, with a single "repeat 3 times", it works perfectly in the other one.

Hello, etrimaille.

I have been facing this exact same problem. Would you mind explaining how you solved it?
Have you created another sheet named "form_prelevements_peche..." in the same place of this sheet?

I'm going to investigate the issue. It would be good if you can attach your forms, it's always helpful.

1 Like

Thank you.

Here is the forms I am using:
mr.xlsx (134.1 KB)

Edit: I have mistakenly uploaded the xlm file.

Thanks for your forms, it was very helpful. I was able to track down the root problem and prepared a solution. You can expect the bug to be fixed in the upcoming v1.20.

We've fixed this bug in ODK Collect v1.20 Beta, @anon74210382. Can you give it a try?

Thank you Grzegorz and Yaw. I couldn't imagine the fix would come so quickly.

I will gladly test the v1.20 Beta and report any trouble.

Thank you again.

Hi Chris
An old thread so you have probably found a solution, if not ...
What I tend to do is to add calculated fields into the repeat that simply add the common data I to the repeat (therefore I don't need to link back).

So if I collect "AuditorName" and "Timestamp" on the main form and "Issues found" in the repeat group, I add calculated fields called Auditor = ${AuditorName} and FormDate =${Timestamp}

I hope this helps.

Como solucionar este problema? Please!!! Error|666x500

Hi @Gonzalo_Martin_Godoy it's a link to another sheet that represents your repeatable group, I don't know why it's displayed as #ERROR!... may I take a look at your spreadsheet?

FSe_RBPv6.xlsx (21.9 KB) Esto es lo que estoy tratando de hacer.

Y también me muestra un error en Kobotoolbox

I meant a link to that spreadsheet but ok I copied it from your screenshot. Looks as if there is something wrong in your spreadsheet because it has a problem with a normal hyperlink. I copied exactly the same hyperlink to my spreadsheet and everything was fine. Could you try to select that column or particular cell and try Format -> Clear formatting from the menu? If not you can also try to send data to a new spreadsheet.

Hello,
I have almost the same problem. I created two sets of groups in ODK build. At first, I couldn't send the form to google drive, but then when I've moved the sheet to the first, it worked fine. Still, the second set of groups cannot be uploaded (some column cannot be found). I've tried to revised the form with only some sets of questions, followed with a group of questions. There is only a hyperlink in the excel, but it doesn't go elsewhere.

Hi @Nurul_Winarni
could you try sending your data to a completely new spreadsheet?

Data_burung (2).xml (15.5 KB)

Data-burung-export.xlsx (24.0 KB)

Here are my xml and xls form.

Hi Grzesiek2010,
I seemed to know the problem. I just added another sheet in the excel file in my drive and it works just fine. So, it seems if you have two groups of data, then there should be two worksheets in the excel. Phew..... But, thanks anyway!!!! I am so happy!!

Could you elaborate? ODK Collect should create new sheets for repeatable groups if they don't exist and it should happen automatically of course. Did you need to do that manually?

Sorry for the late response. My problem was sending the form from ODK collect back to google drive, and be able to read the two sets of data.

Here's my steps:

1. After creating a folder in google drive and create google sheet, copy the shareable link
  2. Put the link in the form properties-submission url in ODK built
  3. Download the xml form
  4. Upload the xml form in the google drive folder
  5. Open the google sheets, I named one worksheet (for example, data), then add another worksheet

You should just create an empty spreadsheet and copy the link, everything else on ODK Collect (creating a folder for media files and particular sheets).