Setting Default Map coordinate or Default area of map

Hello!
When using the geo-placement feature, I found it a bit annoying to have to zoom in every time to the desired location (the selection area isn't the same as the location of the survey i.e. you can't zoom to current location to find the area of interest). I was wondering if there was a way to limit the map to a certain longitude and latitude? Or if there was a way you could set a default position and zoom to that position? I hope that made sense
Thank you!
Anjali

You can read how to set defaults in XLSForm at http://xlsform.org/#default. For a geopoint you can set the default by including 4 space-separated values: latitude, longitude, altitude (0 works), accuracy (0 works). The user will be prompted to zoom to it on map launch. For geotrace or geoshape, include either a point as previously described or a list of points separated by semi-colons (;).

There are a series of changes to the geo question types planned and described in a Google doc linked from Collect geotrace and geoshape improvements. One of them is to automatically zoom in to the current location or the default location if it is set. Another is to adjust the default zoom level while collecting points. Please take a look and comment if there are any other improvements you'd like to suggest.

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I needed :slight_smile: I was dong the space separated values for lat and long, didn't realize you needed accuracy and altitude as well! I'll check out the improvements page as well. Thanks again!
-Anjali

1 Like

Hi @akatta13 can you share with us how did you setup the zoom for your form.
Thanks