"start-geopoint" preventing upload on Aggregate for ODK collect

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am trying to upload a form to use on ODK collect. My form is accepted on XLSForm Online but when I try and upload it on Aggregate I get the following error " Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form: org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: Javarosa failed to construct a FormDef. Is this an XForm definition?".

I have narrowed my error down to the "start-geopoint" type question. I currently have it in this format on my .xlsx form

Type: start-geopoint
Name: start-geopoint
Label: start-geopoint

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

Using the appspot server

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

Use the following fields
Type: start-geopoint
Name: start-geopoint
Label: start-geopoint

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

This is likely because your Aggregate server pre-dates the addition of this feature. I now realize that the note in the documentation should also include a minimum Aggregate version and I have filed this as an issue here.

Since you are on AppEngine, the highest version of Aggregate that you can update to is v1.7.3 and I have verified that background geopoint works in it. This documentation page has instructions for upgrading Aggregate.

Thanks for the reply @LN

I updated the server and I now get the following error. I am running it on AWS and my version is v2.0.3

Is this a form definition that you can share publicly? Alternately, can you post a small form that reproduces the problem?

Hi @LN

Thanks for the help! I have attached a version of the form which produces the same error.

start-geopoint_error.xlsx (63.6 KB)

Oh wow, I'm really sorry, I just realized that the server I was testing on had some modifications. It looks like we have not yet released an Aggregate version that supports this feature. :woman_facepalming:t2:@ggalmazor, @yanokwa could one of you please do that? Thank you so much for pointing that out, @Michael_Rademeyer.

Thanks @LN

I'll wait for the update.

Hi @ggalmazor and @yanokwa

Any timeline on when the update will be pushed to production?

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hi, @Michael_Rademeyer! We've just rolled out new Aggregate releases with the updated JavaRosa version. Get them here:

1 Like

Thank you @ggalmazor

1 Like