Subsequent exports keep appending previous data even though overwrite selected .

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Starting with a set of successfully Pulled files, I export one at a time to use the resulting CSVs.
The second export (CSV) always includes the data from the previous export, even though "overwrite existing files" has been selected. The only work around I have found is to delete the ODK Briefcase Storage folder before every export. Otherwise, the history is preserved, not overwritten, and subsequent exports will include all of the previous data, i.e., export number 3 will contain data from export 3, export 2, and export 1.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK-Briefcase-v1.15.0 running on Windows 8.1, just using Collect Directories, no server.
Also tried same Briefcase version on Mac OS 10.14.5, same result

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
The only work around I have found is to delete the ODK Briefcase Storage folder before every export. Then there is no history, and Briefcase will export one pull at a ttime.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Just line up multiple pulls, export one at a time, then import the CSV into Excel. The Export window always shows the "Last Export," it does not go away, the export succeeds, and the CSV will include previous data has been appended and not overwritten.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Welcome to the ODK forum, @ouzoman ! We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

What you're describing is the normal expected operation in Briefcase. Each time you pull a form, the new submissions are appended, and then if you export it, it will include the submissions that were pulled before, and the new ones.

I'm afraid that, at this moment, if you really need to create incremental CSV files, your only option is to remove the form from your Briefcase storage folder, as you've described.

We are discussing a new feature that would let you something similar here: Briefcase: Export from last

Thank you for your quick reply!

1 Like